Socom/TRS fan Fantasy football league

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by TOMBSTONE4U, Sep 4, 2016.

1. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

So you don't have a laptop or desktop just to set up the account on? I mean once you have the account you should be good. I was able to manage my yahoo fantasy sports from a cheap ass 20 dollar Polaroid brand tablet last season lol. I never tried to actually create and account on one of those devices. I originally created by account on my desktop.

2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Im doing it from my laptop. It wont allow an email to be created without providing them with a phone number. Hotmail did the same shit years back which caused me to stop using that. I never had a Yahoo account so I dont know when this started, but I cannot create an account unless I give them my phone number.

You probably made your account prior to them requiring a phone number.

3. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I'm going to go do some digging see if I can find if there are any ways around that.

4. MACK IS GOD

Cool. Let me know what you find.

5. MACK IS GOD

Here is what Ive found so far.

Yahoo's new CEO is the former GOOGLE NSA and Obama White House co-conspirator Marissa Mayer. She is the one responsible for the transformation of the former Yahoo to the mirrored Google Spy System. She was instrumental in allowing the NSA and President Obama to connect to Google to spy on American citizens. Now, she is doing the exact same thing with Yahoo. Your email is scanned and sent to NSA as a permanent record. Now she wants your cell phone number to be associated with your email account so federal agencies can spy, use blackmail (like the IRS has done, see Lois Lerner), and can track you where ever you go in the world. As you found out in May, there is NO way to register a Yahoo email account without a cell phone.

6. MACK IS GOD

Ok. Figured out a workaround. Apparently you can use an existing Google account to set up your Yahoo account. So I just needed to give them my dump Gmail address and the Yahoo account was set up.

7. MACK IS GOD

These fuckers dont quit.

botnet.PNG

Now its syncing all my google emails from the dump account to try and double the spying.

8. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

LOL, when I was looking shit up I found a site where a Yahoo rep was saying it is now required because "a mobile phone offers the best way for account recovery in the event someone loses their password" LMAO. As if there was no system for password recovery before the cellphone age. These fuckers just want to mine every bit of data, know every detail of every person posting on every account.

I had found some things from back in 2015 that talked about using temporary SMS numbers online but I guess a lot of those sites that did that are down now or have malware in more recent comments about that method. But since you got it going with your gmail I guess it doesn't matter now.

9. MACK IS GOD

It all boils down to them wanting to be able to link EVERYONE to a cell phone number so they can have complete autonomy to track everything you do, everywhere you go, everything you buy, everything you browse, and everything you buy.

Its amazing to me how people are willing allow themselves to be tethered to a government tracking device that logs their every moment in life.

Oh well, it appears I have an account so count me in for the League @PRE_-CISION-_ . Email is angelopappas1980@gmail.com Yahoo name is hugh jardon. Dont know how it works if we need to add each other or whatever, but thats my info.

10. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Sounds like a plan. I'll probably set it up later tonight when I'm free and make a new thread so we can begin recruiting for this season. That'll give @MACK IS GOD some time to get past the government spying programs yahoo has thrown in his way.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  11. MACK IS GOD

Before you set up the league lets discuss rules, number of teams, scoring, playoff format, etc. Just to make sure we're all on the same page.

12. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I don't think Yahoo does the two week playoff system so you can just copy and paste your complaints from last year as to why you wanted to do it on ESPN lol.

13. MACK IS GOD

Lol. No Im fine with that. Just meant a few things like:

Bench size. Dont want them too big so people horde players. Smaller benches is better for waiver activity.

Team format. I think the standard 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1 FLEX is outdated and a better setup is 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX is a much better setup. There just arent enough bellcow RBs in the league anymore to justify 2 RB starters anymore and 2 FLEX allows for much more strategy.

After looking at the customization in Yahoo I see that they dont even have a FLEX position in their standard setup. WTF??

Also PPR. I dont care either way, but I think adding even 0.5 points per catch makes the game more interesting.

14. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

That is all adjustable at anytime. I personally like 3 WR's and 1 flex but I'm down for anything.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  15. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I agree on bench size. I think it should be around 6 max for a 12 teamer and maybe as low as 5 for a 14 teamer where the talent pool and FA list is very bare.

I know yahoo's standard format is like 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, (I think 1 Flex if memory serves or maybe no flex since they have a lot of positions spots) and then kicker and defense. But that can be customized as one of the custom money leagues I played on last year was Just one at each position and then 3 flex spots. Bench size is customizable, I think default is 6 but that money league I do the guy sets it to 5. The first year he tried 8 and that was a hording disaster so he went down to 5. I think 6 is the happy medium but I can to deal with 5 to.

16. MACK IS GOD

They didnt have a Flex option when I went in the create league menu. It was TE/WR WR/RB RB/TE. No idea why they would complicate the shit like that rather than just have a Flex option.

Yea I've just found that smaller benches force more activity and tough decisions which I think make for a better experience. I also like to have at least 1 IR spot for the almost guaranteed injury that will have somebodys star player out for half the season. That way they dont get completely fucked by having to waive him, then have somebody else pick him up 9 weeks later when he comes back because they are ahead of them on the waiver order.

17. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I might have been thinking of baseball where they do one "Utility spot" after all the specified positions. Unless Yahoo changed though it is the set up you described but with 3 WR. I think they do 3 WR because their standard format is 10 team leagues and WR is the largest position player pool to choose from.