SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Remastered

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by ChicKeN, Jul 12, 2017.

?

What do you think the best plan of action for Sony would be?

1. a) Remaster ALL the SOCOMs like Halo did for all of their games (Halo: The Master Chief Collection).

14.3%
  2. b) Remaster SOCOM 1 only. Then, release each iteration as a map pack after X amount of time.

14.3%
  3. c) Remaster SOCOM 2 with all 22 maps only.

57.1%
  4. SOCOM Confrontation 2

14.3%
  1. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

I think a real conversation isn't about a remaster but a reboot.

A reboot provides the ability to bring in all elements of Socom on the table, where as a remaster would just be a face lift. Life MoH Frontline's remaster. SCON in a sense was a reboot. That's why we need an SCON2.

Also, just because it's a reboot doesn't mean it needs features not introduced in S1. It could be the same as S1 with a new campaign, new assets, new engine, new graphics, new weapons, But same melee action, same game rules (8v, one life, modes). Hell, the user interface and HUD can be the same.

Bacterin likes this.
  2. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

if you want to be realistic about things, then the one i think they would do before any others is confrontation or 4 (and if they do 4, the series will be officially dead imo).

in my dream socom fantasy world, they remaster 2 with S1 hit detection and HDD maps included. also add things from newer games like CA like time of day picks etc.

Drum likes this.
  3. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Jesus Christ. Was this actually their rollout campaign? No wonder it flopped.

4. domino99

domino99 TRS Staff

Best plan for Sony is to reboot the franchise. Try to be close as possible to classic Socoms and be innovative where its needed while staying true to socom.

ChicKeN, Animal-_- and Drum like this.
  5. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

S1 hit-detection? Okay, though I prefer slightly longer gunfights. HDD maps? Hell yeah! Time-of-day choice? Not so much. I prefer S2's "take it or leave it" approach here. Too many options at the game-creation level make me wary and reluctant. I do, however, like CA's ability to communicate with the lobby while in the armory, and a couple other CA things I can't recall.

ChicKeN and /SS/ PEIPER like this.
  6. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

Sounds good, but I would really like it if they included Socom 1 and 2 Remastered. Kinda like COD did with MW1.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  7. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

Personally I wouldn't be interested whatsoever in anything after S-3. After the shit they pulled they should get no support to do it again.

8. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

Was this a bit sarcastic? They had a 4. Or did you completely block that out of your memory? Or is it in protest?
    Bruh, don't even act like you didn't get inspired right there!
    I never knew you were an actual person. Just though you were a mod bot or something. Interesting.
    I feel like it wouldn't go so well. MW1 was only a system behind. Socom is 2. It would feel dated. If anything, we should hope for a MoH: Frontline add in like when they did teh reboot of MoH (2010). NVM all this. (I also couldn't find the strikeout function on the edit)

Frontline is there best seller to date and it could potentially have helped the MoH2010 sales within the franchise be where it's at. Both games that preceded and succeeded MoH2010 earned below 1.5 mil to date.
    upload_2017-7-13_8-43-37.png

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  9. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

that is some funny shit!

10. domino99

domino99 TRS Staff

That wouldn't make much sense from Sony perspective because of several reasons. Sony needs to maintain 3 online games which is not very realistic and profitable. That would also split the community, you need as many players as possible on one game. The best option is just to remaster the old maps for the reboot game.

Drum, MACK IS GOD and /SS/ PEIPER like this.
  11. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

SOCOM 1 had tighter recoil spreads. @Harry62 and @eVo7 have talked about this before. During the SOCOM 2 beta they actually had the SOCOM 1 recoil spreads. They nerfed it a little bit and never changed it back during SOCOM 2's life. The issue is SOCOM 2 had terrible hit detection so the change in recoil combined with the detection issues was a disaster.

I personally think the recoil changes were in fact best for the game. It forced people even more to single shot/burst their weapons. It would have SLIGHTLY increased gunfights like you said. But, since the hit detection was so bad it was super detrimental. If in fact they remade SOCOM 2 as it was with its change to the recoil system combined with SOCOM 1's hit detection, I firmly believe it would be the best of both worlds. Good hit detection + with S2's recoil system = Best SOCOM ever.

Drum likes this.
  12. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

And that's why I chose option B. The poll question is about "the best plan of action for Sony..."
    S2 is my favorite, but I got my start on the original, which set the standard in game-play and sales (S1 was never outsold). Then there are all those erstwhile SOCOMers whose favorite iteration was the original: untold numbers of whom simply left the franchise in '03 or '04 because of S1 cheaters or S2 issues.

13. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

I voted C because it would be perfect and simple enough for everyone to understand. Confrontation 2 is second.

Anytime I see the words SOCOM, Remastered, eSports, etc. together I get a woody so it doesn't matter. Haha.

14. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

If we get a remastered SOCOM 2, it should include all 25 maps, not 22. You're forgetting After Hours, Liberation, and Last Bastion.

15. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Bunny Hopper

Give me anything in between S1-Confrontation, remastered, remake, rerelease, Con 2! I ain't nit pickin. Any of those titles were great and at this point I will take any or all of them!

I chose a Confrontation 2 because there could have been more options to satisfy all gamers, including FPS fans by having a FPS server(see PUBG)....options, options, options!

16. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

Would be nice, but i dont think it will happen.

17. SocomKillah28

SocomKillah28 Boom Boolah!

Option C, but include the DLC maps to make it 25. A remaster would clean up all the frame rate issues & hit detection so those flaws wouldn't exist. The weapons would be a lot more balanced since guns like the 552/AKS would actually be consistent.

A lot of people may or may not realize but the meta-game would change, A LOT. No more sponging shots/nades will slow the game down quite a bit (it will be more like S1 which is great). I also would hope they would lock the explosives to only 2 slots per player (excluding C4) so either 6 nades, or 3 nades/4 pmn mines/claymores. If you thought nades are OP in S2, then imagine a remaster where they consistently kill EVERY time. That re-balance is the only thing I would touch but I believe it would be welcomed.

18. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

S2. Start with the most popular game in the series, see how it sells/how many people play online, analyze the data, and then decide from there whether or not it makes sense to do more remasters. Pretty straightforward.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    ChicKeN likes this.
  19. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

If Option B were: Remaster SOCOM 2 first, instead of SOCOM 1. Then release S3/CA/SCON maps as DLC. Would that have been a better choice?

After thinking about it more myself, I think I'd prefer to just remaster SOCOM 2 first as well. I'd still like to play the S3/CA/SCON maps on a smooth S2 feeling game.