Some features from new franchises I don't mind in SOCOM (positive additions).

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by Frosty_The_Swagman, Feb 4, 2015.

1. So I've been thinking how a lot of people don't want anything added as it will take away from the SOCOM expurience, yet other people (like myself) know that the game needs some new things added to not only attract new fans, but keep the game interesting.

So instead of adding killstreaks, health regen, etc, I've put together a short list that doesn't affect the gameplay and allows other gamers to come in and have a sense of familiarity, while also making the game more enjoyable for vets.

1. Auto recording with the option to turn it off, and the ability to upload to youtube.

So this one is something that is starting to become a staple in a lot of new AAA casual games, and I think it would fit perfect for SOCOM. From things like being able to save that time you killed 8 guys when your team died in the first few seconds and you single handily won the match, to reporting cheaters, to even making silly videos, this could be really cool.

Things like in Black ops where there is a part you can go to retrieve your video, do minor editing, and even upload small clips to a "best of" playlist people can vote on and you can share you clans/your dominance to everyone on SOCOM.

If lag becomes an issue for you and you don't want to use it, simply turn it off.

2. Unlockable game challenges to unlock exclusive gear which don't effect performance

We don't hate unlockables, just not having all the weapons when we sit to play. This is kind of cool, because you could have things like "Kill 3 people with one grenade" and you get a special camo or something. Then you could have things like a gold hat when you kill 6 or more people when you are last alive on your team.

That way people seeing you in game know what's up, gives you stuff to work towards without effecting the balance of the game, and satisfies the casual gamers needs to feel progress.

3. A rapid game play list.

Why wait for people to green up. There should be a server for people who want quick games. Go, and have a lobby timer in just this server for like 15 seconds in between rounds, that way you can squeeze in 3 or 4 games instead of sitting in a lobby forever waiting for the clan to green up and they won't cause their buddy was kicked. Casual gamers love the quick matches of COD, and this can be useful when you want a quick game before work.

2. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

I think I could go with this, the recording shouldn't have a problem with lag just do it server side . But even this doesn't need mentioning since socom is a console game and the consoles have a recording feature. I think we can all agree we don't really want a change to gameplay really, just some small stuff achiements, recording, and clan management.

I would like to see a more in depth single player, a command to stack up on a door, and actual clearing tactics used.

3. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

1. the ps4 already does this for you. you can record, edit, and upload videos to youtube and facespace.
    2. sure, but no gold anything
    3. just add a quick match system with fast lobbies. along with that add a quick patch system that puts you in a a regular lobby thats short on players.

4. Bush_Wacker1

Bush_Wacker1 Rah-he-lah!

I want to be able to use the "Move". :eek:

5. [​IMG]

Drum likes this.
  6. ncDeMoN

ncDeMoN iDub Scrub

One thing that's miniscule about newer games that I do like is having a dedicated button to throw a nade. Not having to toggle between weapons and waste time is nice.

7. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

that is a downgrade in gaming. you should be at a disadvantage when going for a grenade. it makes you think twice about your surroundings. hitting the grenade button and having a grenade magically fly out of your gut without losing the ability to fire your weapon is cheezy.

VR-4-, Drum, /SS/ PEIPER and 4 others like this.
  8. ncDeMoN

ncDeMoN iDub Scrub

I'm not saying your weapon should be ready instantly. I'm just saying I don't want to have to change the position of my hands by pressing multiple buttons to activate a throw. You could still have the same grenade arc like in s2 with your equipped grenade triggered by L1/L2/R1.

Drum likes this.
  9. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

yeah i understand what you are saying. but i still think it takes away from the game. if you want to throw a grenade there should be consequences for it. you should have to equip it first making the act more dangerous for you. same goes for melee. if you want to sneak up and knife someone then fine, but you should have to equip the knife first then do the killing. not hit the auto knife button at the last possible second.

Fighting Phantom likes this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

kapitan_picard_facepalm-13.jpg

Drum and /SS/ PEIPER like this.
  11. Cigarman1

Cigarman1 Grenade Spammer

Uhhh, absolutely not. Tried this with S4 and it was a disaster because you couldn't finesse a grenade at all! That's why the PE4 charges began running rampant because if you tried to throw a grenade 15' uphill it would travel 90 yards (that & no grenade arc for whatever fucked up reason). Socom was and H-hour SHOULD be about choosing what weapon you want to use and using it one at a time.

12. Xx_ICE-PICK_xX

Xx_ICE-PICK_xX Boob Connoisseur

they can't even make a proper SOCOM game.....

/SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  13. ncDeMoN

ncDeMoN iDub Scrub

Even in s2 you had quick swap buttons for primary and secondary. That's all I'm talking about is having a quick swap button to grenades without bringing up a weapon wheel. I'm in no way talking about the mechanics of the actual throwing of the grenade.

Drum likes this.
  14. MACK IS GOD

They have that. Its called quick swap. You answered your own question.

The only improvement that could be made on it is to be able to set your quick swap weapons in the loadout screen. That way you don't waste the first few seconds of round 1 doing it when the match starts.

Drum and ncDeMoN like this.
  15. HillFerrari

HillFerrari Chief Executive Officer of SOFa Studios Ltd.

I want quickswap to automatically go back to your sidearm when all explosives are thrown/used.

That's a small but noticeable change that would make the experience more sleek and comfortable.

16. Fighting Phantom

Fighting Phantom Searching the Desert for a SOCOM Successor

If melee was implemented like old school Resident Evil....... the Survival Knife....that would be cool.

You had to equip it from your inventory like any other weapon, and if done in a shooter- would leave you very vulnerable if you fucked up or picked a bad situation to use it.

It took like 5 swipes to kill a zombie, so I would make it something like 4 slashes to kill a player in the front, and 1 from behind.

The problem with melee that I always hated was when your shooting a guy with bullets, he just sponges them, sprints, and kills you like the freakin terminator.

This implementation solves that.

17. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

I'm disappointed that there were no mention of any gameplay changes. All these years, all these games, all the things you could want that have never been done yet, and nothing. Boring.

Durka-Dan and XPSYCHOPATH410X like this.
  18. ncDeMoN

ncDeMoN iDub Scrub

hahaha touche. I just want to be able to switch to my grenades without taking my thumbs off the sticks. So being able to set your quick swap options permanently from the menu would be awesome.

Drum and MACK IS GOD like this.
  19. Like what? There is literally nothing you can suggest. Anything you want to suggest will have the S2 crybabies in full force telling you to go play more SOCOM CA and shit. Everytime they've tried changing anything people bitch because it's not like SOCOM 2.

I made this to add new things without altering gameplay.

20. MACK IS GOD

you-aint-ma-nigga_o_1030579.jpg

HillFerrari likes this.