Star Wars Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Oct 3, 2017.

1. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Beta starts early for those who pre-ordered starting tomorrow.

Even better news, they just switched classic 2005 Battlefront 2 multiplayer back ON from the graveyard to celebrate! Can you imagine that a game that had its server shut off in 2014 pops back up with a simple patch in 2017... too bad it doesn't work that way for Sony.

Battlefront 2015 wasn't the best game in the world but it did a few things right. It nailed the Star Wars atmosphere better than ever, walker assault was amazing and gun fights were sooooo good. Pretty much it was a rush job but one that pointed to a bright future.

That is future is now. I am pretty excited as they took all the flaws from the 2015 effort and fixed them. We have all three star wars era's, class based gameplay, gone are stupid power/vehicle tokens, quadruple the amount of content, story mode and soooo much more. As someone who has never stopped playing OG Battlefront from day 1 2004 until now, this is a game to get hyped for.

RaidenXS likes this.
  2. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Wait.....Battlefront for the PS2 can be played online using a PS2? Or are you saying one can get the game and play it online using a PS4?

3. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

PC had it's official MP restored.

However it was never dead in the water, people played the game using GameRanger.

4. PRE_-CISION-_

Official PC servers were brought back. Still pretty relevant consider EA brought back not just Battlefront 2 but another Star Wars title they killed off years ago.

5. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Ahhh, ok. I think I still have both games for the PS2 so I was going to check it out if possible, but I gotcha. Oh well.

6. eVo7

SWBF2 was online for a long time on PS2 until they killed the DNAS servers a few months ago. People were using DNS redirects to point to a new master server.

7. PRE_-CISION-_

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii

You can pick it up for $4 on PC right now on GOG or $10 on steam. Still one of the best games ever made. MP servers are getting flooded with people however and it is not working 100% yet, ETA is tomorrow.

Swill and eVo7 like this.
  8. PRE_-CISION-_

Holy shit. Look at this, insane! I can't believe how well they remade Kamino

9. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

i wanna preorder this game and then cancel it from amazon after i get a beta code, but i dont see a physical copy available for preorder.

10. Harry62

Harry62 hacker

Checking my bag of tricks... found them! Using these codes allows you to bypass DNAS and connect to the custom server.

Star Wars Battlefront [NTSC][SLUS_208.98]
    DNAS Bypass
    2017ACBC 24020000

Star Wars Battlefront 2 [NTSC][SLUS_212.40]
    DNAS Bypass
    2017F04C 24020000

11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Good coverage, thanks for the find.

I really want this and knowing what we're heading into as far as game wise for the holidays and I don't really see much else out there before the year is out. Shitty thing is I never played the first one past November that same year. Sucks. Any chance at an improved Single Player experience? Looks typical and boring as hell beyond 50 hours.

12. eVo7

I just pre ordered on PC. The first game sucked, this one is looking much better.

13. PRE_-CISION-_

Got an hour of gameplay in today. I regret my COD WW2 preorder. I am not playing anything else all year when this releases. This is the Battlefront I expected by Dice. If you don't like it you're not a Star Wars fan.

14. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

[​IMG]

15. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

Not gonna lie, the sequel looks way better than the first game.

16. PRE_-CISION-_

15 seconds of fucking raw power... god I love Darth Maul

dizee likes this.
  17. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

Would this hold usernames from prior to? Looking at their "Recent Updates" on steam, it feels like a strategic marketing move to help reconnect people and hopefully have them transition together to the new Battlefront.

18. dizee

dizee Lucille is thirsty

AAA game everyone, so sick of this shit in games.

19. PRE_-CISION-_

It will change before launch. EVERYONE is complaining about it. I don't mind the crates for random unlocks if they reward crafting parts based on performance. 1st place shouldn't be the same as 20th on your team. I was unlocking crates left and right in the beta. Completing challenges, just logging in and playing stacks then up pretty fast. It is kinda lame though that I couldn't level particular classes.

20. 1UP

1UP The BETTER Socom on PC Guy

I'd be really surprised if it does change. BF3 had so many problems that they weren't fixed till a few years later in the form of BF4 (btw this was 2ish years after bf4 came out, so the problems still existed in a new game and still didnt get fixed till much later)

This was an EA problem where they didn't want to have them fix shit but rather shovel more garbage out that no one asked for. Granted this changed during BF4 but this was due to other problems.

SALTY rant aside
    I will agree that I would give them the benefit of the doubt that the points earned per game could be a bug because that just doesn't seem right.