Steep

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by SkiMask, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Let's get shilly willy with it and if you got some footage, post it up.

This game is what I always wanted from 1080° on the 64.
  2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot 203 Spammer

This game looks mind-numbingly boring. How does it compare to SSX3?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Depends on what your critiquing. I find it very enjoyable to just pick it up and play. You can literally just do whatever you want with free reign. There is also the standard challenges and whatnot. For me the best part is that it's not overdone. Full price? No way, but this is a solid title and one that I play in between the serious games in my library.
  4. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I always like games with snowboarding and skating, what else is there to do besides the freeriding stuff? Is there online MP?
  5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

It's one of them always online so people are on the mountains doing whatever they are doing and you can "group up" and access their content and leaderboards and also create public leaderboards and stuff. It's robust, but still falls short in that social aspect. But you do see people shredding around on their own.

Things to do consist of wingsuiting, parachuting, skiing and snowboarding. At any time you can switch to the next sport on the fly and on you go. Rocket Wings, Base Jumping, and Speed Gliding are three more sports on the way.

Totally open world so like wingsuit down the sketchy stuff, land and then switch to a board and carve up the rest. The mountains also provide for really long sessions and that is where it shines for me. You can also always change the weather ambience to a dozen styles and then time of day also has another dozen ticks so you have a ton of freedom with how it looks and feels. Same with the rider. Pretty nice selection of suits, skiis, boards, gear, etc.

Don't get me wrong there is also defined "challenges" like following a character around or finding specific jumps or getting a high score by Freeriding. You also look around for more "drop zones" to launch from. So there might be spots on the mountains that are great for certain events and stuff and then there will also be a hot air balloon to launch from.

The "Mountain Stories" are also like the campaign and offer a little something more to try and do. The video above was an example. I was to follow the "roses" to unlock something. Same with my Flight of the Valkyrie video below. There was hoops I was aiming for that you cannot see in the video.

I dunno, but I just like to numb my way around and just enjoy the small amount of time I've set aside to shred.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

What platform are you on?
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I only really play Playstation 4. Only thing PC I've ever gotten into was C&C, Civilizations and SimCity.
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Still having fun with this game. Toughest challenge had me attempt it no short of 100 times. I love at whatever point you can just hold down triangle and retry away! Instant and gratifying for those OCD sessions.
  9. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Stopped by to check on the forums over there and found this user created competition I am gonna enter. Silly shit like this is always fun to me. The admins and folks from Ubi take notice of this stuff too and everyone seems to have a good time. Details of the comp are in the quotes.
  10. Murphdawg1

Murphdawg1 Night Stalker

I played the beta and had some fun with it, not a game I would pay full price for though.
    SkiMask likes this.
  11. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

12. Buchanans

Buchanans Navy SEAL

This site is making me look like a forum noob right now.
    Posting tripled. Editing all screwy too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Ditch likes this.
  13. Buchanans

Buchanans Navy SEAL

Fucking lag on the posting.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Buchanans likes this.
  15. Ditch

Ditch Navy SEAL

Wish I had a photo of me skydiving to add to this thread, fun game, o haven't been skydiving since oct 2012 :.(

Don't even know when I went snowboarding last... maybe 11 years ago?? My old k2 is collecting dust
    Damn march of 12 was my last paintball game too, wtf happened to me
    SkiMask and Buchanans like this.
  16. Buchanans

Buchanans Navy SEAL

I should go up there and get you up out on Park City, my pass good there.
    I haven't played paintball in ages still got an old 68 automag from god knows how long ago.
    Ditch likes this.
  17. Ditch

Ditch Navy SEAL

I used to go to park city , some place that kept changing its name, park west then wolf mountain, don't know what it's called now, and Brighton..
  18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Anyone that got a chance to play for free this weekend like to share their thoughts on it? I played Alaska briefly and was REAL happy with the size and integration. Game is still missing something, but as I said before it plays pretty chill and my 4 year old even can shred a bit too so there is that. Kinda like not shooing the little one out the room all the time.
  19. Tawok

Tawok Shpicy Shaushage

I played on PC up til around level 7. Had a lot of fun, like you said something is missing though. It would be fun here and there when you want the chillest of chill, but it didn't set its hook on me.
  20. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate