Steep

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by SkiMask, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Creating a Video Competition soon and maybe ya'll wanna review some of the final entries and rank/vote/poll on them? Or not. I got one judge that expressed interest in the PC version. Don't know anyone yet with this on XBOX that can represent that platform. Maybe one of you do? Anywho, should be fun.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

An example of a 2:20 or less run between two points I'm gonna do a contest on. Should be a good time.

3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Here was the first one I entered a month after the game first launched . It was REALLY barren around the forums and it was evident NOBODY bought the game when it launched in December. I didn't even know it at the time, but I only discovered it because I just heard Gran Turismo was pushed again and had nothing really to play. I friggin LOVED 1080° on the N64 when I was 17.

Reddit Steep Video Competition
    cap.JPG

My Submission and one without music as I thought of Mack when doing the thing:

4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Here is another one 2 minutes and less I just did on a whim late last night to drum up hype. So that way, they participants can submit via Twitter and Reddit and Ubisoft Forums in tandem (but only 1 submission per user) Twitter is I think 550MB or 2:20 or less? So that is my aim; to find a solid run where you can wander, but no Shilly Shallying. And videos that can be submitted and watched across all platforms.

I also helped with their forums when they were spammed and hope that buys some good will. They seem to like suggestions and implement a lot of what the Community has said about their game and site. Crossing fingers I can get some traction hosting three threads on three platforms while also judging and picking 3 winners every week to advance (PC, PS4, XB1) and then the final week a poll will be used to add a "People's Champ" into the finals.

Then gonna do them 10 bracket style with the winner taking on the People's Champ. I hope I don't fuck it up.

It's not like I am gonna go create a Google Doc or something. :rolleyes:

5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Steep Community #CheckMySteeze Extreme Rider Series Competition
    Where Others See the Impossible, You See Opportunity

Hello and welcome to the Steep: #CheckMySteeze Community Video Competition. This is all about taking risks and pushing your skills to the limit with style, speed, creativity and steeze.
    Set in the Alaska Kahiltna Queen Region, there is ample choice to show off your best and most creative.
    02:19:59 or better though!
    Make sure to check out the Competition Overview Video to see an example run.
    Rules:
    • Riders must start from the coordinates shown below (SPYDER Challenge)
    • Riders must finish in under 02:19:59 with ride and replay
    • Take your pick between skiing and snowboarding
    • To keep things consistent, the video must be filmed using the in-game replay system only. Add music if you want, but it has no effect on scoring. I’ve included example replays below to illustrate. No video cuts and it’s required to be one continuous run from top to bottom.
    1 submission total per person per week please.
    Riders will be judged as follows:
    Scoring:
    1. Creativity of line - which features you choose and how you connect them
    2. Air & amplitude - timing and level of extreme
    3. Tricks - show us your best tricks
    4. Fluidity & style - You have to be smooth top to bottom and hold your tricks with lots of steeze. This will all be added for an overall score out of 100.
    Record a replay of your best line, upload it to YouTube or your preferred video site, include:
    “Steep: #CheckMySteeze Community Video”
    in the title and post it in the comments of the threads on the Steep Ubi forums , Reddit, Twitter hashtag of #CheckMySteeze or the comments of the Competition Overview Video.
    Coordinates:
    Start - 800 N - 2689 W
    Finish - 300 S - 3538 W

Contest closes each week on Sunday 11:59pm CST Runs weekly till Sunday April 30th 11:59pm CST and Rules subject to change. Winners announced by following Sunday. Final week special "People's Champ"???
    Thanks to JPTawok who will be judging the event with me, SkiMask. Also special thanks to SteepLines for the inspiration and motivation. Good luck and thanks for participating! Weekly picks and features/plugs plus prestige!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Tawok likes this.
  6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

First submission came in at 2:37:00 and a Redditor downvoted my videos and competition showing examples. Which led to this and them being deleted. Sarcasm and mom jokes really do work to disarm a fool.
    Capture.JPG

Love this shit, herding cats. The butthurt in the world is real.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

A

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

B

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  9. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

If you had to chose one of the three above which one would you choose? A, B, or C?

11. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Probably A.
    Then maybe B.
    As somebody that actually boards I'm mentally deducting points every time I see your skis or board touch the big open patches of rocks. I'm also deducting from the game that some of the flat boulders tops don't have snow on top on them because most of those should. It's not stuff in the middle of mountains get wind blown that bad.

SkiMask likes this.
  12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Thank God as A didn't follow the time limit rule and B did, but only after I declared them the winner for the week did I notice C and wanted to make sure C wasn't better than B and you have confirmed that. Thanks!

Not only that, but B had some fresh grabs in them first 20 seconds that I thought pretty stellar and steezeworthy.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

So after I saw one more submission just before the wire, I declared this the winner for the week. There were actually 4 videos submitted last week and I got two of them mixed up, but still managed to maintain the integrity.

Here is week 1's winner:

When judging the whole thing, this one is oozing that Steeze.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Tawok likes this.
  14. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

That ride was tight. You sure the funky bass line didn't influence your vote?

SkiMask likes this.
  15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Music has NO INFLUENCE!;)

Only gonna get tougher as the weeks go by. Thankfully this is a dead game and managing the submissions has been easy for the most part. Gonna really need some help that final week though.

Week #2 Coordinates:
    Coordinates:
    Start - 751 S - 6096 W
    Finish - 1285 S - 6716 W

My demo vid from first competition. I was super lazy last weekend and wanted to solicit more submissions. Hopefully prior coordinates might help with that? Also, this one is a jump park too. Hang on!

They will all be riding this route, somewhat.

Tawok likes this.
  16. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

First inquiry but the guy completely missed the end checkpoint and just wants clarification. Um, NO!

17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Feel free to leave a link to a soundcloud file you want considered for the next Steep video I showcase. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

This one someone is trying to tell me the line was fine, but the 2:20 limit was bullshit. I agree, but at the same time get your fucking game up!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  19. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Hatred for night rides is REAL. Fuck 'em. I had a great time.

20. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate