Stranger Things

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by ChemoFreak7, Jul 22, 2016.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

No I havent. I just cant spend the time on games like that. I would have probably loved them when I.was younger and more time to piss away, but I just cant invest the time on a choose your own adventure type video game.

Although I do think the concept is terrific and a nice counterbalance to the mainstream ADD type games.

2. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Can beat those games in about 3-5 hours dude. Basically it's like playing a longer movie. It's for those of us who like a break from the action and shit and just want a good story. Grab the first one on sale right now for like $6 if you can. You won't be sorry.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  3. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

That's one of the awesome things about video games, they have evolved to become so much more than just jump, run, shoot type of affairs. Telltale is really good at using the interactive elements to really suck you into a story. As a Borderlands fan, their take on that world was really satisfying. They brought in new main characters into the existing universe and tied it all together perfectly with the established lore, while showing you that your choices had enough weight that going back and playing again while taking a different path would totally be worth the replay.

4. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Loved it

5. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Yeah, they are the best at what they do, no doubt. Jurrasic Park was good, so was Back To The Future, The Wolf Among Us, Both seasons of The Walking Dead kicked ass, the spinoff story 400 Days was pretty tight. Season 3 looks extremely good, and on and on.

6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

That was them point and click adventures, right? Been playing "Everyone's Gone to the Rapture" and can't figure it out yet. I know its not one of them types, but it reminds me of them with its interactive storytelling.
    Curiosity still has me wondering what the image was that is in your signature that no longer appears.

7. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Season 2 looks like it's about to go full Silent Hill!

8. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

Cannot wait for Season 2. This show was awesome. I have never seen a show hit the nail on the head with regard to recreating an time era. They so perfectly did the 80s. If you like Netflix originals the other one that is off the hook good is Sense8. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Jester's dead and ChemoFreak7 like this.
  9. Jester's dead

Jester's dead Butterstick

I was pleasantly surprised about Sense8. Can't wait for season 2. If you like martial art type shows. Into the Badlands was a show I am also waiting for season 2. It's on AMC.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  10. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I'll be checking out both. Sense8 i think i saw on Netflix.

Jester's dead and WAR_PIG like this.
  11. MACK IS GOD

So I FINALLY got around to watching this. Binged it yesterday.

And you are absolutely right. Terrific show, and great recommend on your part.

Its like Back to the Future, Twin Peaks, and The Goonies all had a baby together and it became a TV show. Terrific atmosphere, great pacing, and great acting by all involved. Excellent show and I am really looking forward to season 2.

EDIT:

The producers of this show would be smart to shoot as many episodes as they can and try to work fast. Even shooting 2 seasons worth of shows each year. One of the biggest problems with TV shows that feature pre pubescent kids is that they will all start to grow like weeds in a couple years. If they intend to have 5+ seasons these kids are going to be college age in the later seasons and I'm not sure it would suit the vibe of the show.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  12. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Glad you liked it, i can't fuckin wait for season 2. It's definitely tough having kids on a show if you want it to keep going. I remember The Wonder Years having this problem, back then though networks were more gunshy with teenagers and sex situations and that was that. I always wanted one more season of that damn show!

I think Stranger Things can avoid that by running 2-3 seasons of a story then switching it up. The title Stranger Things has me wondering if they intend to do that at some point. It would fit a multi-story style similar to American Horror Story but if they did it as trilogies... that would be interesting. The downside being, if one season bombs wtf is the point of a follow up? I think that's why we haven't seen anything like that yet.

I honestly think they won't run the show into the ground and will wrap with 3-4 seasons anyways. But pressure from Netflix will be REAL! Many great things have been utterly ruined by networks and greed. A solid case in point?

That guy is kind of a giant tool, but the video accurately depicts how to dick up something made out of pure fucking gold!

13. MACK IS GOD

Well just thank God that AMC isnt making the show. Otherwise the kids would be in their mid 30s by the time they advanced the plot 2 years.

14. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

LMFAO ikr.

15. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Being forced into watching this against my will sometime this week. Have to let you know what I think

16. MACK IS GOD

I'd be surprised if you don't enjoy it. Its quite good.

17. R.Cypher

R.Cypher Butterstick

Definitely looking forward to season two.