Sukmyturban blocked from Sof Studios Twitter Page

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by oni64, Jan 17, 2015.

1. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  2. xCaZx-

xCaZx- Socom Refugee

lmao, so unprofessional and childish its laughable. If I am an investor and I see things like this, there is no way I am going to give SOF any amount of money.

This really just underlines the fact that SOF is being ran by a jackass.

3. Ditch

Ditch Requiem

.... When the dust settles I would like to know what really went on behind the scenes with David Sears and the gamers concience, I mean your conscience is there to keep you in check on the right path.
    When you ignore your conscience you knowingly do it, and to block out the conscience just shows ( among many other issues ) something is not right

MACK IS GOD, PRE_-CISION-_ and oni64 like this.
  4. icEdeMoN_EliTe.

icEdeMoN_EliTe. Computer Room Technician

What the hell was he blocked for?

ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  5. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

I wonder if the same person running the Twitter is the same person that purged all the banned from the Where is David Sears debacle.
    Sad and stupid.

6. oni64

What happened was that turban started to post tweets about h-hour - David's departure, about the lack of footage (asking them to show footage if they really have it), Sketchy behavior (forums closure, overly confident attitude), and the loss of staff all of a sudden [last year]. Pretty much the questions anyone would ask about when they are concern with something they backed up with. I can tell the tweets really got to Tom and Sof studios enough that they unfollowed him last year, and blocked him recently. I guess they see him as a threat lol but why would they? he backed them and supported, promoted them for the most part.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    ChemoFreak7 likes this.
  7. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

i do have to say, it is hysterical how they keep fucking up. its almost like they are trying to fuck up. like they want to be the king of all fuck ups. how can someone make so many mistakes and it not be on purpose?

MACK IS GOD, oni64 and ChemoFreak7 like this.
  8. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

This is where i draw the fucking line!!! Turban was a big influance on me and a big part of why i started my channel. When David left it was a shot to the gut, but this is a huge slap in the face to the community. I haven't spoken with Turban in a while, i've chatted with him a few times on the phone and over skype. I was supposed to help him test the game but i couldn't run it, i was personally invited to test the PoC by David himself thanks to Turban sticking his neck out for me. SOF... get your fucking shit together!!!!!!

oni64 likes this.
  9. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I should also mention Kevin Derespino removed me from his friends list on facebook for some unknown reason... maybe a comment i posted in the past about SOF i have no idea, but he was on my friends list for quite some time, and i have had more hope in my posts in regards to the future of this title than MANY others. My patience have worn thin for SOF studios.

oni64 likes this.
  10. oni64

At this rate they are killing off what ever fanbase they have left little by little. Even the most devoted will probably be turned off by all of this. Most are kept in the dark and dont know turban isnt involved anymore lol But it needs to be said, their censorship is even worse than Sony's Socom forums lol

11. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Expect more lemon molesting videos at some point... they continue to shoot themselves in the foot at this point I think they have ran out of toes and are now on to their hands.

MACK IS GOD and oni64 like this.
  12. SGP421

SGP421 Fish Market Janitor

No, the most devoted shills will blame TRS for everything including the Kennedy assassination.

oni64 likes this.
  13. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I am considered by quite a few people here to be a SOF Nuthugger... and even i'm fucking fed up! This was the breaking point for me. They said Turban was being invited to the studio so he can talk with them in person, he grew a fucking massive beard with the thought he might be a character in the game. Unless i somehow missed it... that never happened. Then some unseen bullshit obviously caused the two people i had the most loyalty to, to leave the project (David and Turban) then they block him when he starts asking some questions...

The funny thing is (and i KNOW i'm not the only one who thought of this at some point) but i thought of how fucked they would be if they turned on Turban and he started to crank out videos on retaliation... he said in a video that he would never do that if the game fell apart and was never made... but i don't think he forsaw shit going down like this.

I've justified everything they've done, when they booted Shane and even TRS i said to myself "they must have done it for a reason" maybe Shane overstepped his boundries... maybe TRS got a bit too mouthy. Even when David left i still had hope that it was purely financial reasons and that he would still be around to guide the project. But this Turban debacle is just too much. EVEN IF this game comes out legit, if they keep fucking over the community who the fuck is going to still be around to support it!? You don't shit where you eat!

SGP421, chickenwang and oni64 like this.
  14. SGP421

To sum things up from my perspective, this is how things have transpired.

I think it is becoming clearer and clearer that they had no clue what they were getting themselves into. They saw a rabid fan base, they saw an opportunity, they said they heard our calls and had the solution.

Then when the kickstarter was complete they started having polls asking "How do you guys want us to make the game"? And "what features do you guys want"? Personally, I started scratching my head right away going "Huh?"

I did not join the forums until around 2008 or so while many of the guys around here were around on the forums since the beginning. Personally, I was so busy playing S2 ALL OF THE TIME I never even thought about joining a forum. The same with S3, I was busy playing it all the time until I got tired of the BS with that game. I then took some time off from SOCOM waiting for the PS3 version to come out.

Due to impatience and also interest in contributing to debate about Confrontation, I joined the forums then. We debated issues like side switching, even number of rounds, run buttons, etc etc until we were blue in the face. I actually got tired of arguing with the anti socom morons to be honest.

Same exact thing with the S4 forums so no need to restate anything.

Now fast forward to the SOF forums. Polls such as "do you want side switching", "over the shoulder view", etc etc. But the one thing now that really aggravates me is the balanced, even and fair map nonsense. I've never seen that topic debated at SOF so where did that come from?

The S2 "purists" argued against these items, while the morons like execrate and porscheymgs argued for change just for the sake of change. The "purists" were outed, mocked and ridiculed by Rosie as "living in the past" and that we "needed to move on". So the "purists" mostly just left the site voluntarily or were banned. Leaving all of the shills that were either definitely for change or those that were willing to tolerate it without speaking up.

Maybe I'm delusional, I don't know. But I do know that most of the people left over on the SOF forums from what I've seen are always suggesting some sort of change or idea that few people if any that contributed to the kickstarter wanted any part of. That's how I see it personally, others might have a similar but different story to tell I'm sure

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  15. Fighting Phantom

Fighting Phantom Searching the Desert for a SOCOM Successor

Retards.... Ugh....

16. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

I hopped onto these forums when H-Hour became a thing. I was informed by one of my subscribers that a kickstarter had just gone live for the spiritual successor to Socom, like you i had zero interest in forums back during the Socom days, but i talk about how i got into the series and how i fell out of it in great detail in one of my videos, i'll post a link for anyone interested.

I also thought it was strange that they asked questions like that. I figured maybe they want to seem like they are being transparent and involved with the community but they already know the answers, just being nice and giving us the illusion of control. I HAD NO IDEA Rosie was saying that shit... i would have spoke out against her had i known, but truth be told... the SOF site never really held my interest. I don't care for the way it was built, it felt sloppy compared to other sites so i mostly stuck here, usually just reading the input from the TRS community and my subscribers on my channel.

The fact that TRUE Socomers were pushed aside and silenced has really pissed me off over the past month or so... i guess i'm late to the party, but if this game comes out with some newgen CoD bullshit i'm going to rant so fucking hard!!! At this point i'm extremely concerned for this game, even maps? When the fuck did Socom ever have even maps? Terrorists get the advantage Seals get the better guns! IMO, some people like Terrorist guns, i did not. Some maps were more even, most of them were fucking brutal if you were a seal and that's what made being a seal BAD ASS, because if you won, you know you beat the odds, like on Sujo or Enowapi! I mean good fucking luck not stepping on a mine let alone winning that shit.

All of this has me quite upset. I want to see how the game turns out, but i'm still interested in making a video to voice my opinion about Turban being blocked but idk. I feel it's the responsible and fair thing to do, to tell my subs what the fuck is going on and how i feel about it. I turned a lot of people onto H-Hour, i campaigned for it like a MOTHER FUCKER with video after video! I am invested in this shit! It's half the reason i've kept my mouth shut, but what if TRS has been right all along? And i lead people into a fucking money trap? Then I'M the asshole...

SGP421 likes this.
  17. UnSeenDeath88

If you have a twitter I would check it, I'm blocked from seeing anything on SOFs page, and I don't think I've ever tweeted at them or shared anything controversial to them.

[​IMG]

SGP421, ChemoFreak7 and oni64 like this.
  18. oni64

lmao the purge continues

19. SGP421

In regards to unbalanced maps, I definitely concur there. Whenever I played breach medley I always picked seals for the challenge. But by far my favorite map was always fish hook, and although it was always fun totally owning the other team playing as terrorists, the best map as far as I'm concerned was playing fish hook as a seal. I'd use all kinds of weapons, sniper, silenced, m16, hk5k, 12 gauge pump against bad opponents for shits and giggles. Bum rush them until the figured out where I was coming from, then camp the next couple rounds and let them waste their nades .

Drum likes this.
  20. UnSeenDeath88

Yea this is bull I got blocked from their FB page after having questions, bringing to light that pauly girl threatened a community member, and saying something about a poll had already been done, and they need to go back and read TRS and their forums to find the answers. But I've never said 1 word to them on twitter, and this is recent too like within the last month. So now I have absolutely no communication with SOF, not like it matters since I'm just a person in the community, also don't try and email them about bans they won't reply.

I respect what Wit is trying to do but Rosie, Tom, who the fuck ever is in charge of their social media can eat a pile of shit and shove their game up their ass.