Task Force Is Searching For Some Damn Good Testers!

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Focuzed, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle_F15

Eagle_F15 Fish Market Janitor

Even though both of you took the low road instead of the high road, it could have all been avoided.

I can explain again, initially, Sour did not know about you having a meeting with me, Ranger and Harry. Only you, no one else mentioned until later in the week to talk about development and what was going on. I messaged you, after you messaged me and you said you talked to Ranger and Sour. Ok, in my mind, as we messaged each other it was about doing whatever you can to help keep Sour motivated and the rest of the team working and whatever else we can do to help.

Fast forward, there's a group chat on twitter dm's to set up this so called meeting with everyone. Now it turned into a podcast. Ty and Focuzed asking if we are coming on to discuss both sides of the story. Story?

We had a team argument, people left, Sour is taking time off and then it got out of hand.

I did not ask Sour to tell you leave me alone, I told you guys on twitter, no meeting, let's just drop it and wait for Sour. He explain enough in the devblog.

I know when Sour messaged you in pm about leaving me alone, you dropped our project asap and said your done with us. Which is cool, but Sour gives you all nothing but props and respect up to that point and in his time of need you said you were done with Project C.

Yes, I didn't tell Sour about our meeting, didn't think he needed to know because we were supposed to come up with a game plan to help the situation and he really wasn't present for a few weeks leading up to the devblog post.
    Sour will be back, time heels all, he didn't back end your website or delete characters in a game for a Socom anniversary or anything like that, just a little sour(no pun) how things turned out.

2. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

I don't remember this part whatsoever. Please, remind me if I'm mistaken. Fry told us that he had set up a time to sit down and talk to you guys about what he could do to help the situation, and TY & myself offered to be there as well to possibly help brainstorm because 3 brains (however big or small) is better than one.

I don't ever remember, at least on my end, of turning it into a podcast, or wanting a story. I, along with my co-hosts, truly, honestly never discussed it as being a discussion on our podcast until after the livestream showdown of 2017 happened.

You guys might think Fry is some piece of shit, but he's really not. Not once did he ever mention to us that he wanted some shady backend stuff to go down, he just truly didn't want to see the project end and wanted to see if there was anything we could do with our limited reach to help.

3. Eagle_F15

Check twitter, I'm looking at them now.

4. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

Now that I reread the DM's, Yes, I stated this would be a topic we discussed on the podcast, absolutely. But I mainly meant that once the news broke that the game was put on hold, which we weren't going to do because Sour told us he would be putting out a devblog explaining what's going down, people would ask us questions and we wanted to be properly informed for when those questions came. We cover this type of stuff on the podcast when it's made public. There wasn't a witch hunt going down.

The "meeting" that was going to take place that night after Task Force testing was, as I explained above, to sit down and see what we could do to help. I only said what I said, besides the stuff about being naked (lol), was so that you guys knew going into it, that the project being stopped would be a topic that we discussed. But I even stated we didn't want to know personal shit, just enough to be informed for those definite, BUT WHY????????????????????????????????????? questions.

I can definitely see, after rereading the conversation, how it came off that way about being a story, but the story part was only going to go down AFTER Sour announced the project status. That's not what the meeting was going to be about.

But thank you for bringing that conversation back to my attention. I hate to be wrong, or misleading with the things I say.

Eagle_F15 likes this.
  5. Eagle_F15

I get it. I told fry if I miss understood that part of the whole ordeal, my bad! That's just the way I took it and as in the pm, I said Sour will be back and let's leave it that. Sours devblog said enough imo, so I felt that's it. The game and backing was/is early enough to just say what he said and put it on hold for now. To be honest, it was clear by little or no reaction it showed nobody cared to bother with it except a few people.

We can only learn from this. What happen should have stayed behind doors, it is what it is.

Focuzed likes this.
  6. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Just a little FYI, no one cares if "community night" gets streamed or not. If someone streams it because that's their thing that's fine, but community night is about guys here liking to have a get together to play some Socom. I actually find the streaming annoying because I use my in game mic while they all jump on discord to record their convo lol. As for Tawok, no one has pushed him away. If he came back here tomorrow and said "Hey I'm going to jump on with you guys this Friday for some Socom" I doubt you would have any protest nor anyone caring whether he was streaming or just jumping on to play. Me and Mack is God are part of a private message group where we talk politics and all kinds of shit and let me tell you, when me and him disagree, no one throws the personal attacks harder at each other then me and Mack do lol. But you know what, when Friday rolls around and I'm able to get on I still play, I still enjoy myself, I still shoot the shit with Mack when he does jump on the in game mic. It's not awkward, none of us hold grudges. We are more like brothers where we might fight here and there but in the end we're still a family and we don't let the occasional petty stuff hold us back or end friendships. If me and mack attack the shit out of each other today, we are already talking about something else unrelated tomorrow as if it never even happened.

7. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I can appreciate that. My main concern when it comes to ad hominems and shit like that is when bad blood boils over as a result, but generally it's shrugged off here. My take on the whole toxicity discussion has undergone some metamorphosis, recently. I still think this site has had its part in some goofy shit, and so have I, but changes have been made, some people have been more vigilant, and I would rather avoid stricter moderation if possible.

Having said that, I do feel that the streams were significant in terms of publicizing and expanding our community nights, to get people interested that otherwise might not have. Not vital, but helpful.

WAR_PIG likes this.
  8. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

I am here because I saw a Tawok stream of a community night about a month ago. Everybody was having fun and joking with each other and it seemed like a blast. It's a shame what has gone on the past couple of weeks, but I don't walk in any bodies shoes so I tend not to judge anybody for their actions or decisions. I wish everybody had the same atttitude that Tomb mentions above, but I get why bridges are burnt and why people are fed up. I hope we can all come back together at some point.

Tawok, WAR_PIG and MR.BLONDE like this.
  9. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

This isnt true. I actually hate you with a burning passion and am currently putting the pieces in place to destroy you.

Crockett and Tubbs.jpg

10. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Wasn't your BS comeback win in our fantasy football match last year enough which led to me to having to be Socom 3's biggest fanboy for a week. Have you no decency sir?

MACK IS GOD and WAR_PIG like this.
  11. Swill

Swill Killjoy

There's other people who stream it, like Dizee for example. Losing Tawok isn't a huge deal.

Tawok likes this.
  12. MACK IS GOD

Whether or not the games we play are streamed have absolutely zero effect on my playing. I'll be playing regardless. The only reason its nice to have someone stream it is so we can have video footage of memorable or funny moments in game.

Other than that I couldnt care less if the games are streamed.

dizee and WAR_PIG like this.
  13. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

True, but consider that a lot of stream activity came after him doing it. Like I said, his streams in particular aren't as crucial to building activity as they were before, but they were beneficial.

Would you say that his streams contributed to your desire to acquire the tools to play xLink?

14. MACK IS GOD

I dont think so. I have wanted to be able to play S2 again since 2006.

It was nice to be able to watch the games before I was able to join, but I would have gotten on eventually anyway I think.

15. Swill

Swill Killjoy

The same thing would have happened if it was anyone else doing it. It wasn't because it was Tawok. That's my point. Tawok's not streaming for us anymore, but we have other people who have stepped in to fill the void so nothing's been lost.

16. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

Depends on what you are wanting to see. If you are like Mack and just want to watch VODS then yes we are set, if you are wanting to bring in new members, tawok was great because he interacted with chat and led them in the right directions on getting back into the game. I get we are playing the "screw tawok" game here, but he did bring value with his streams. Super pumped Dizee and others have taken the time and effort to stream, so let's hope they continue to get support, as it's well deserved.

Tawok, Focuzed and WAR_PIG like this.
  17. Swill

Swill Killjoy

It's not about "screw Tawok". Anyone can interact with their streams, help people get setup on X-Link, etc. Again, if it was Dizee doing it back then instead of Tawok, you'd still be here the same and so would anyone else. The person doesn't matter.

18. Eagle_F15

I've helped a hand full of people through twitter and through pm's on here

Swill likes this.
  19. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

To your point, yes if Dizee or others is reading chat and interacting than sure maybe it doesn't matter so much. I was just simply pointing out a benefit that was provided from Tawok streaming it. Understand the point you are trying to make, though.

20. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

I think for the sake of the people viewing, especially those who don't yet have the ability to play, having a person there talking to them and presenting the gameplay like what they would expect from any other stream is really helpful.

Not sure if it matters if that person is on camera or not for the casual play and I actually prefer just the game screen for people calling competitive matches.

MR.BLONDE and MattyB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.