Task Force

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by rev, Feb 21, 2017.

1. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

I'm still hoping for a Socom, but after all we've been through I strongly believe it will take a top notch studio to actually pull it off. These fly by night projects are just piss in the wind at this point, imo. Money is what it takes. Much more than the likes of Tom or redline will ever have. I will support the original formula in an updated format, and that is all I will support. That is what the last 12 years have been about, and the absence of a game like that is why we are still here waiting for the real deal.

2. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

After the stream on freecams

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  3. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

Without a doubt.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Glad to hear it . I'll be sure to tune in.

5. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

6. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

6:14
    :cool:

oni64 likes this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

That was to Oni in the H-Hour vid he dropped earlier where the guy got confused why no scope.

And Task Force looked good to me for the 3 minutes I watched it. keep it up!

oni64 and Blindside like this.
  8. rev

rev picard is lord

Can't deny Task Force looks good. Keep it up!

SkiMask and Blindside like this.
  9. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

Ah ok lol. Glad you like it!

Thanks!

SkiMask likes this.
  10. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

So now that the stream is over, for those who watched it, what did you guys think? Any feedback or other things to say? What you liked/didn't like? Had a full server going and that was actually pretty damn fun.

11. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

I saw a bit and thought it looked good.

My question is this. What is with the secrecy? I have a strong feeling that Redline told everyone streaming to delete the VODs after. Why is this? I saw Soulcrushh stream it, as well as you. Neither have the VOD up. Souldcrushh last VOD was from the 4th.
    Edit: Even BMilitant had a stream, and at the end, got a message from their Discord and ended his stream, and restarted it. No VOD from the TF half. Only the GITS.

Its pathetic lol

12. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

I mean its simple. These are early play test sessions not representative of the final game product. Its fine if some people record or put clips up, but its just unnecessary to do so. And why secrecy? Its a game under NDA. Same reason why all games are held behind curtains until the creators release media. Its not Redline controlling content creators, its us deciding what media should go out to represent the game... not a super early build with workshop content, unfinished maps and all. Theres no reason to release these streams as full recordings this early on. Just to show those interested and invested what we've been working on. Not to mention this was the first demonstration to the outside world beyond inhouse. Once the game evolves more, there will be more media releases and so on.

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I really liked what I saw and the fact is if you missed it that's on you. Kinda cool and felt inside baseball. Hell, I saw the link like a couple hours later and ya'll were still bangin. Shit was off and popping when I stopped in quick before I booted up SOCOM for the Community Night and the game was dope fresh ain't gonna deny it. I wondered if you all were using in-game mics but since someone brought up Discord I guess not. Either way, sounds were similar to what I've heard and expected and yet seeing a SEAL run around briefly and shoot a weapon and strategize with a teammate 8v8 was HOT.

14. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

Well the thing about ingame VOIP is that it isn't team specific yet. At the start we were all just chillin and playing, but once the event started we setup 2 different discord channels for Mercs and Commandos, then used in-game for cross-team talk. But im happy to hear you enjoyed what you saw :) being able to play with that many people in a test session was actually great fun. I personally can't wait for more work to be done!

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    SkiMask likes this.
  15. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

16. Bigfry

Bigfry Negative Nelly

I'm not sure you guys know what an NDA means, if you are doing weekly stream sessions.

RaidenXS likes this.
  17. rev

rev picard is lord

If the game is being streamed, it's out to the public to share, there's no hiding that video if someone decides to capture it and pass it around the internet, so even if all those videos are removed after streaming, if someone decided to capture the footage then it's out there forever for people to seem. So i'm not sure why all those videos would be removed.

I don't think it's a bad thing to be streaming the game and getting the word out there, especially when this is the best looking and most polished indie SOCOM style shooter that we've seen, there should be no shame in showing off the game now. It's out there and people are fully aware of games being early alpha and early access, it's no secret.

Bigfry likes this.
  18. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

Actually I was wrong. In-game VOIP works just as it should on Demolition. You can only hear the other team when dead or inbetween games :)

SkiMask likes this.
  19. Blindside

Blindside Butterstick

We understand that. We just don't want to leave things lying around on something that's so early in development.

20. xSneak

xSneak Chopsticks

Impressive amount of shilling for a game that isn't going to make it out of the beta stage. Your game looks worse than h hour in the twitch videos i just saw. This implosion is going to be glorious. Fuck you and redline.
    You really think you can come here and ingratiate yourself into free promo on this website. Not happening.

SkiMask likes this.