Task Force

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by rev, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

I've downloaded a VOD and I plan to cover this game, whether Redline likes it or not.

oni64 and SkiMask like this.
  2. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

Meh, looks like H Hour with better graphics.

SkiMask likes this.
  3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

That's sort of what I thought I was hearing was the in-game stuff being used and it sounded really good. It sort of had a static vibe to it, but realistic enough to catch nuances of chatter and it was synced really nice at the time. I wasn't around long enough to pick up on death chatter versus live or whatever; just a comment on the audio and working mics.

It's all gonna be great fun. A true SOCOMers dream to see 3 independents duke it out to bring us a quality video game. Only thing left is for SONY to get involved and gobble you all up or become your competitor. Either way, win win for me.

Good luck and just don't fuck it up everyone.

The phoenix that is SOCOM will rise and you can take that to the bank.

4. Benefit

Benefit Squid Slayer

its basically going to be the socom insurgancy mod. Regardless of the emotional charged drama, the mod was pretty solid and I enjoyed it. Hopefully he will stay out of the drama and just sell his game. Thats what I am hoping for.. Redline needs a PR guy. lol

SkiMask likes this.
  5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Pretty sure that is why Blindside is here my brotha. And yes, do look for it to be a whole new game though despite their guns needing their own uniqueness. I too, thought they sounded an awful lot like that game, but hopefully it won't always be that way. While that mod was quite popular, this game needs to be its own thing. Gun play and audio was important in SOCOM not so much the accuracy to real life, but through uniqueness and clarity; at least with the earlier titles, IMO.

SOCOM Confrontation was a whole other animal in that Nathan got to really go to town with what he learned from all those years. Confrontation had some of the best gun audio and accuracy from a surround sound and reverb perspective, IMO.

I hope while a lot of stuff might be placeholder, that all these titles and projects can get the attention to detail right if they can finally demonstrate they can go the distance. A new SOCOM title deserves world class audio (ahem Proximity Chat) IMO.

Carry on.

Eagle_F15 likes this.