Terminal Phase

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by DNxStudio, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Junked

Junked iDub Scrub

2. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

3. HarryDanglers

HarryDanglers Navy SEAL

What exactly does your studio do? Seems everything you've shown us has been from the Unity store....

Bigfry likes this.
  4. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

We are a small game development company. You will see alot of stuff from the asset store sooner or later you will also be able to add up the amount of money we have invested so far if we didn't buy from the asset store then this project would take us years to finish. Only things you won't find will more then likely be the older socom 2 models which we are getting close to working on. Along with the artwork and backbone of a card game we are working on for another company

5. HarryDanglers

HarryDanglers Navy SEAL

So why is it your posting screenshots from a web site of someone else's work "and I'm assuming because you didn't say otherwise before" passing it off as if your studio did it? To me that's plagiarism. Can we see something original?

6. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

No I have stated before that we buy assets off the unity store your not the only one to ask this question. Original is coming will probably start off with some anamation videos

7. HarryDanglers

HarryDanglers Navy SEAL

Come on dude... Nowhere did you say you bought this from the store. In fact, I don't know if you did buy it from the store because you're just showing us screenshots from the web site. Just don't lead us on... Have a good one.. Also assets like these don't take years to build. I could do all of these in a week lol!

domino99 likes this.
  8. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

If you look a page or 2 back where animal the mod something to a random poster I said then alot of assets are bought from the store. Damn dude if your a map designer I'll get you on payroll tomorrow lol already been threw 5.

EDIT: I'm not joking about the map modeling if you can do stuff close to this we do pay decent.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  9. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

You do realize that you can't remake any SOCOM maps yourself for legal reasons unless you sell the game for free or you pay Sony for it? The way H-Hour and Insurgency does it is by having it done as a mod/workshop.

10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

HarryDanglers likes this.
  11. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Yes we do realize that. The maps will have changes to them along with being free.

12. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

Heres the thing. You guys are here saying "Map is almost done, Asylum"
    When in actual fact, the map IS done already, because you bought it from the Unity Store.
    Something seems off here. Also, the fact that you jokingly admit that youve been through 5 map designers.
    I don't like this.

domino99 and HarryDanglers like this.
  13. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

I feel like better wording would have been better when posting some of these images and posts saying "Map is almost done, Asylum". Which is coming off as plagiarism and sketchy. You should have said "We are making a Socom type game with assets from the unity store, and tweaking them to fit the socom formula". Especially if this is something you are trying to sell.

HarryDanglers likes this.
  14. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

There is still alot of modification to these maps that have to be done in order for them to become a good tactical shooter map like scaling to size adding assets and collider's. We have been through a few map designers I guess the reason is either they don't have a skill or can put as much time into it as we have. Hopefully the newest one will meet the expectations other wise freelancers are what we have to look forward to. We are a small group that would like to bring back the basics that made Socom good we use our own money and everyone will get to try the game out for free and work with us on the changes if it's horrible then put us on the list of attempts and we will support the next group of guys that attempt until then we are gonna give it all we got.

@oni64 if that's what you would rather see then we will do that.

15. Flanked

Flanked iDub Scrub

I don't see the problem. They bought the map and had make to make changes to it. So when they say 'Map is almost done' that's probably because they have almost finished tweaking it for the game they want to see. The dude is still here trying to answer all the questions, if this was on the SOF forum, well you know what happens next.

It's like you all want to be Sherlock fucking Holmes just to find a way of putting a game/people who are trying to make the game down.

16. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

It's all good man I'm sure they were just wondering about buying maps from the Unity store I should of clarified that when I posted them even tho once we purchase them we still have lots of work todo on them before they are playable.

17. Bigfry

Bigfry Cancer-Free

Its not that, its when we hear things like "Been through 5 designers" and "Almost done maps" and then see them on the Unity Store, it raises red flags.

domino99 and HarryDanglers like this.
  18. rev

rev picard is lord

I think the "small studio trying to make a SOCOM game" fad has run it's course.

It's console or bust and until then we aren't interested.

19. Flanked

Flanked iDub Scrub

'Until then we aren't interested' Bit of a presumption don't you think?

20. rev

rev picard is lord

Not really, we've seen it all, even Redline's PC game that plays quite well isn't really taking off any further with SOCOMers. It's console or bust brah.