Terminal Phase

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by DNxStudio, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Flanked

Flanked iDub Scrub

Yeah I get what you're saying but nobody is making SOCOMers type of game on the console, the PC versions need support to get that far.

2. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

We are going console either way I would of liked todo a playstation exclusive but some so socomers have xbox now only way I'm backing down is if there's problems we can't fix in closed and open beta

3. rev

rev picard is lord

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but how do you expect to go to console? You need money and lots of it.

4. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

That's why we are gonna do a closed and open beta before any kind crowd funding to see if we can meet the expectations when we crowd fund we will ask for the minimum but like I said after the closed and open beta and getting feed back on fixes if we can't get it done then I'm not gonna waste people's time and money I'm just gonna tell then to wrap it up. I'd much rather get a "well they tried" then a "damn this game sucks".

5. rev

rev picard is lord

It's going to be damn tough to convince people to put money down even after a beta (if you even make it that far). If you're making a quality game you'll need tons of money to have enough good developers to work on the game to have it reach a beta state that is acceptable. Good luck.

6. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Thanks alot man we are gonna need it. we all work full time jobs and are able todo alot of funding ourselves and are gonna try and keep it that way as much as possible.

7. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Was brought to my attention that we need to add jump to climb what is everyone's feedback on that?

8. Almericus

Almericus Bullshit proof warrior

Guns hot, Prone, Dive to prone, Climb ladders or boxes, Jump to climb etc.. They are all mechanics that defines SOCOM. We all crave to see a game with those implemented but even H-Hour/SOCOM:INS which had way more resources than you guys were not able to implement Climbing yet.

My opinion is that prone mechanics has to be in here right away but climbing should be there by the end of your beta.
    If you are really going to make this for real.. Focus on the gun mechanics, game modes and character movements animation.

Good luck.

9. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Climb is ready to go but iv been told jump to climb is wanted no big deal to change over tho.

10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Jump to climb is probably the only feature that is universally agreed upon in the Socom community. I dont recall EVER hearing anyone say they dont want it.

domino99 and Animal-_- like this.
  11. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Ok looks like it's a go then.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  12. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

Asking if you need.. jump to climb.. and asking for feedback..

[​IMG]

13. HarryDanglers

HarryDanglers Navy SEAL

?? So you haven't even purchase these assets yet? And you'er promoting these maps as in your game? Holes are being dug here....

14. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Yes we do own those assets

15. HarryDanglers

HarryDanglers Navy SEAL

Great to know!!! Being an artist myself I would be mad seeing someone using my stuff to promote their shit without actually purchasing it..

How much would your studio pay for something like this quality? screenshot_Sat_Jul_09_21.19.37.jpg screenshot_Sat_Jul_09_21.18.54.jpg

16. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Nice work man shoot me a email if your interested in doing some work. Thetank@digitalnightstudio.com is my email

17. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

Sand Storm from S2 has won the votes to be the first throw back map to be implemented into Terminal Phase and is currently in the work. Is there any changes you all would like to see? Let's here some ideas

18. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

New suppression map Scorched Sands we are taking the fight to them with this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=Ronin= and MR.BLUE like this.
  19. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

Which system was this going on?

Also, avoid the zombies schtick. People are getting over this. Or at least see how it works with Metal Gear. From my understanding, just throwing in zombies in a game doesn't make it good.

20. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

The game will of on PC, Xboxone and PS4. the Zombies are gone thats a old idea we had for the mobile version which we are no longer doing

Almericus likes this.