The H-Hour Hater's Ball - AFTERMATH

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Swill, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Firstly, thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun Saturday night.

We averaged around 60 viewers live during the stream, and within about 10 minutes, had doubled the number of viewers versus how many were actually on H-Hour playing the game while we were streaming.

Ha. How pathetic.

Here's the number of people that have played H-Hour at it's peak:

Untitled 2.png

Here's how many views the H-Hour Hater's Ball has on Youtube so far:

Untitled.png
    Again, pathetic.

Lastly, to all you dimwits coming to TRS and moaning about us making fun of you on Saturday, thank you for giving us the response we wanted and expected. You're playing right into our hands, and validating everything we said on the podcast.

Keep it up.

2. LimehouseBlues

LimehouseBlues Chopsticks

And yet you all still fail to realize how your efforts are contradicting your purported ultimate goal of "finally getting a successor to SOCOM"

Edit - got rid of the word stupid, out of respect to the sensitivity and thin-skinned nature of the Hater's-Ball members...Tawok had some problems with me "resorting to personal attacks" which is ironic considering the fact that the so-called "ball" mostly consisted of you three stooges calling people "feggets" then giggling at each other like children for three hours.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Medux likes this.
  3. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

That's because your stupid stance is based on the false assumption that, for some reason, H-Hour is our last chance at a SOCOM game.

Like I said on the podcast, I'd rather not have a SOCOM game to play than to support and reward someone like Tom and his "studio".

Lastly, thanks for thinking that the three of us are so influential that we'd have the ability to completely derail an entire "studio" and their "game". Appreciate that.

Tawok, dizee, K_M_A_R_T and 4 others like this.
  4. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

I wouldn't say this endeavor would further that goal, no. Wouldn't hurt it, though. Not everything we do here absolutely has to have the express intent of furthering the community, just most of it does incidentally.

Medux, LimehouseBlues and Swill like this.
  5. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Like I said in The Ball, and have said here several times: I'd gladly support an attempt at SOCOM from a group didn't pull shady bullshit, was made by reputable/trustworthy people, and kept up with its promises. We just haven't seen a group keep up with those 3 rules yet. So until that happens, brace for hate.

6. LimehouseBlues

LimehouseBlues Chopsticks

Tawok's spellbinding step-by-step guide to furthering your life-goals now available on Amazon.com. An excerpt:

[​IMG]

Medux likes this.
  7. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

I know, having a Haters Ball for a dead game is totally shooting yourself in the foot.

I know you'd gladly accept a fist in your ass if it brought you SOCOM, so grab some K&Y and be at Toms within the hour.

K_M_A_R_T and Swill like this.
  8. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

[​IMG]

K_M_A_R_T, Tawok and Swill like this.
  9. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

Unfortunately i was unable to watch the haters ball... and damn it was over 2 and 1/2 hours, i hope my name was dropped at least once in that time, I mean i have been one of the most unaffected users on this site to all your bullshit, and i get tons of responses to all my posts... and i know you hate when you see how people constantly respond to me instead of just ignoring it but hey not everyone is as intelligent as you right swill?

Now to my point:

You support Socom, yet you claim you can't support H-HOUR because of SOF and Tom, so here is my question to you... do you think that SONY / Zipper are any less corrupt/messed up then an Indie Developer?

Like seriously you sit there and keep posting how you put your ethics over a video game, but you played SOCOM.

If you boycotted every studio that ever did fucked up things to the community and was run by a DICTATOR you would never be able to play most games.

Go look up zipper on Glassdoor/Online sites where past employees give you what it was like to work there.... it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine..

10. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

i stopped supporting zipper in 2007.

Tawok, K_M_A_R_T and /SS/ PEIPER like this.
  11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Zipper and Sony never asked for our money up front to get a new game going in exchange for a community driven and transparent development.

Also no, you were never mentioned. Apparently your ineffectiveness goes both ways.

K_M_A_R_T, /SS/ PEIPER and HTK like this.
  12. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Exactly.

I don't play any Playstation games at the moment, and I don't have any SONY products being used by me, so no, I'm not supporting them. Secondly, I don't have proof of SONY or Zipper behaving corruptly or immorally. I do have tons of proof from Tom and his "studio". Thirdly, while I may not have agreed with all of SONY/Zipper's design decisions with SOCOM, design decisions and ethical designs are completely different.

What?

That's definitely true. Then again, that statement doesn't describe, not even in the slightest, why I'm not supporting H-Hour. Try again.

Behaving immorally and behaving stupidly can, and often are, two completely different things.

Anything else?

13. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

Damn? @Swill how did i not have atleast a shout out? BOOO the haters ball is weak!

14. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

It doesn't take much effort to search through google to find things SONY or any corporation has done to employees/customers that is beyond compare to SOF studios.

And just because you don't play SOCOM now, doesn't mean you didn't play it for hours and hours when it was a hot game.

My whole point is you claim that if H-HOUR recreated the perfect SOCOM experience you would not support them because of the Studio/TOM.... but if SONY/ZIPPER created the perfect SOCOM game you would support that game. So what makes SONY/ZIPPER any better than SOF? And just because you don't know of the shit SONY pulls doesn't mean it doesn't do A LOT of shit.

15. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

35m in...

16. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

Show me proof that SONY is corrupt or morally inept. I'm waiting.

17. SOF VS TRS

SOF VS TRS Navy SEAL

CASE AND POINT SONY 2012:

Attached Files:

Swill likes this.
  18. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

Off the top of my head in December, there is a lawsuit against them from their employees. They knew that they were not protecting the Social Security and Private information of their employees but they didn't do anything to fix the problem, they just ignored it and then they got hacked and all of that information was leaked.

But i guess the confidential information of their employees isn't an important thing to protect right? please show me one thing SOF studios has done that is worse then allowing that to happen.

here is a quote i found “failing to design and implement appropriate firewalls and computer systems, failing to properly and adequately encrypt data, losing control of and failing to timely re-gain control over Sony Network’s cryptographic keys, and improperly storing and retaining Plaintiffs’ and the other Class members’ [personally identifiable information] on its inadequately protected Network.”

Also they are being looked at by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive trade practices...

Anything else?

19. Swill

Swill Ninja SEAL

The example you just gave is, as I said, an example of stupidity, not corruption or immorality. SONY got hacked because they thought their systems were secure enough when they weren't. Again, stupidity and immorality are completely different.

Still waiting on a link that shows some form of corruption, which was the word you used, by the way.

20. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

No they are being sued because "They Knew" their systems were not safe but didn't address the issue until after they were hacked. They turned a blind eye and took a gamble hoping they would never get hacked... by turning a blind eye to this issue they were making decision that was morally wrong. You don't take a risk on your employee private information.