Thoughtson Alpha/Bravo test team feedback?

Discussion in 'SOCOM Indie Projects' started by Suade, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

I was very pleased to read as you may see in my post.

Only a couple small quams which should be addressed during beta testing.

Curious of everyone's thoughts as I predict mixed feelings and a couple of pissed off campers :p

Edit: Feel free to fix my title and put a space between thoughts and on.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  2. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

Looked like everything was positive.
    I did notice one of the testers was complaining about it being too fast and wanted things slowed down. Sounds like he was in the minority, so I think we're good.

3. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

It must've been a focused test on movement speed, since that's all anyone mentioned really.

Either way, meh. 1000 testers could say "this is the 'spiritual successor' to the tee", and it could still not be funded. Every time I get excited, or see some good feedback, I just gotta bring it back and remember, this could fall on deaf ears, and all the VCs in the world could say "thanks, but no thanks" and we could be back to square one.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  4. Suade

Suade Vanila Gorila

Well, that thread was dedicated to Movement Speed. I assume there will be more to come in the coming weeks. You can notice how they spread out and manage when they release updates.

If they give everything up at once, they risk no traffic to the forums for a long time. If they space it out like they have been doing, it ensures people will keep coming back. In some of the posts from the actual testers you can see there is much more to discuss but they are not allowed to just yet.

I do also agree, no funding = no H-Hour. I do hope for the best, we need it for real. I can not imagine playing S2 on Xlink for the rest of my life haha.

5. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

Yea, I think they said there will be more updates on the feedback. They're doing it piecemeal. Seems like things will be pretty slow until we get funding.

6. Charlie

Charlie Night Stalker

The thing is... everyone who played socom 4 had nothing positive to say about it. And look how that turned out.

Suade likes this.
  7. icEdeMoN_EliTe.

icEdeMoN_EliTe. Quickscoper

The fact that the feedback is overwhelmingly good says alot to me.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  8. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER Retired Co-Founder & Co-Owner

I don't think many fans out there have doubted Sears or the dev team's capabilities. That has never really been an issue since the KickStarter. I think most concerns that anyone holds can be found elsewhere.

K_M_A_R_T, ufshane and MACK IS GOD like this.
  9. Xx_ICE-PICK_xX

Xx_ICE-PICK_xX Boob Connoisseur

wtf is wrong with me. I don't even care....I just read this with a "whatever" attitude...that really sucks. I want to be excited. I couldn't care less. Might have to punch myself between the legs or something.

10. Tawok

It's not just you dude. I'm right there with you. I just read it going "meh..."

11. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

We are all wise to this game by now. I think I speak for all of us when I say we'll believe it when we see it. Things look good, but guarded is the heart of the Socom fan.

12. Tawok

Couldn't have said it better.

13. icEdeMoN_EliTe.

icEdeMoN_EliTe. Quickscoper

I'm not overly excited either but alot of that if not all of it has to do with the fact the game is not funded yet and even if it does get funded its nowhere near release.

14. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Somebody have a link to it or is it in the private forums.

15. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

So true. We are like the guy who has had his past 3 girlfriends shoot a bukkake movie behind their back and then accidentally stumble upon it while browsing the Home Depot website looking for new doorbell fittings. ( Dont ask me how the Home Depot website would lead to bukkake videos please)

Obviously we are going to be skeptical when we get involved with the next girl.

Charlie likes this.
  16. XPSYCHOPATH410X

XPSYCHOPATH410X Breach Bandit

Ditto.............

17. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

My attitude is when it's loaded up in my PS4 and I'm shooting you assholes in the face, that's when I will believe it's real.

18. Bush_Wacker1

Bush_Wacker1 Rah-he-lah!

I'm super exited for the game. Some of you see the glass as half full and are optimists. Some of you see the glass as half empty and are pessimists. I'm taking the glass and drinking the booze because I'm an opportunist. Cheers![triangle]

19. Charlie

Charlie Night Stalker

Im taking the glass and shoving it up my dads ass because I'm a communist.

20. Dirty_Walter

Dirty_Walter Requiem

I buzzed through some of the tester feedback but I don't even really know any of those guys, so... It all sounded pretty good overall but imo, that's to be expected. I'm sure the game is coming along really good.