Top 10 Movies

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, Dec 21, 2015.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

So, with the recent Star Wars discussion seeming to divide some people, which is fine, I just wanted to get everyone's take; what are your top 10 favorite movies? No criteria other than your own opinion, no genre specifics needed. I probably have a top 100, but I am narrowing it down to 10.

Mine (and in no order):

A Clockwork Orange
    The Deer Hunter
    The Godfather
    Airplane!
    Stalag 17
    Pulp Fiction
    Reservoir Dogs
    A New Hope
    Empire Strikes Back
    Fail-Safe

2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Fail-Safe and Stalag 17 are very patrician choices that show impeccable taste.

And then you ruin it by putting a movie made by this fucking hack..............

hack.jpg

And to make it even worse, you list his most overrated movie.

A movie that basically consists of stupid hairstyles and a couple idiotic monologues by Sam Jackson.

Its not his WORST movie, but its his most overrated.

Here is a picture of the average Quentin Tarantino fan.........

hipster.png

His entire filmography is a blight on cinema and his movies should be used as bait to lure his fans into theaters to herd them all together and then lock them in so Sarin Gas can be pumped into the room while they are all in one place.

After seeing you place one of his movies on your list I would ask @Animal-_- to please ban you immediately until such time you can be placed on the proper medication for your mental condition.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  3. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Ok first of all asshole, I don't know who you think you are, but my mustache has WAY more wax in it than that guy's, and my fauxhawk is actually feathered. The pink is spot on though...

I find Tarantino's movies to be fun, and homages, definitely not original. Yeah the guy thinks way to damn highly of himself, but I still like his flicks. He's no Scorcese or Kubrick, and I definitely don't claim he is. We both know how we feel about dear Quentin.

Don't you have an Ishtar/Gigli double feature to hit up, all while eating a shitty Sabrett hotdog rockin some Alicia Keys in the ride on your way into Williamsburg?

Edit for reality check: that guy's pic is KILLING me right now.

Animal-_- likes this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

I still maintain that Gigli was ahead of its time and future generations will marvel at its subtle brilliance.

Animal-_- and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  5. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Yes, ahead of its time in much the same way as a deuce in which proper digestion and nutrient extraction didn't have a chance to happen is ahead of its time.

6. MACK IS GOD

Heres what I came up with off the top of my head.

Yes I realize its only post 90s movies. I have to delve deeper into the archives before I can reference pre 90s movies. I have an aesthetic prejudice to older movies. Although I can look past that when I rate their quality cinematically. Im sure The French Connection and The Great Escape might make it into my top 20, if not top 10.

Heres my entries off the top of my head in no particular order:

Goodfellas
    A League of Their Own (Shut the Fuck up its a Great Movie)
    The Departed
    Gladiator
    Braveheart
    The Big Lebowski (Kingpin is also right there, but Lebowski is a bit deeper on an existential level)
    Groundhog Day
    Titanic (I dont care what you say, its a great movie and for sentimental reasons it will always be in my top ten so fuck you and leave me alone, lol)
    Heat
    Point Break
    Thief
    Collateral (Probably the best action film of the 2000s and absolutely flawless photographically)

As you can see Im a huge Michael Mann fan. I value cinematography highly and his movies are fucking awesome.

Watch Manhunter, Miami Vice, The Last of the Mohicans, and tell me those films arent visually stunning and I'll tell you youre blind.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  7. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

All of those, minus 2, would make my extended list. I'm sure you can guess which ones. I found them enjoyable, but not in my top 50. I could have even thrown most, if not ALL, of the Connery Bond movies into my top 10 as well. From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, and Thunderball have just about everything you could want from a movie. I have too many movies on my list that I could interchange. Collateral is also an outstanding movie.

Last of the Mohicans is absolutely fantastic. Lebowski as well. Too many quotables from that movie to count...

8. MACK IS GOD

That fuckin nut job Daniel Day Lewis lived in the woods for 3 months and walked around eating squirrels he shot with that musket he carried in the movie.

Lebowski is one of those films that provides a completely different experience every time you watch it. I've watched it beginning to end at least 20 times and every time I pick up something new.

Funniest scene in the movie for me right here.

9. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

That's like, your opinion man...

Medux likes this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

You ready to be fucked, man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up.

Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."

11. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

12. MACK IS GOD

Hes such a phenomenal actor. He should get some type of lifetime achievement award from the Academy.

13. MACK IS GOD

Just browsing the channels before I go to bed and I saw a movie playing I totally forgot about.

"Space Cowboys" from 2000. Directed by Clint Eastwood. Great movie. Not top 10 or anything, but a very comfy movie.

14. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Donald Sutherland being a geriatric player and the fact that you got to see an SR-71 are the only redeeming factors of that film.

The cast was great in name only. The movie was dog shit in a space shuttle...

3/10

15. MACK IS GOD

Its better than at least 5 of Tarantino's movies.

Clint Eastwood has more directing talent in the sticky, leftover shit stuck to the back of the toilet that isnt washed off on the first flush after he takes a dump than Captain Autismo Quentin has in his whole doughy, repulsive body.

You are not allowed to rate any Clint Eastwood film under 7/10 or it may result in a ban..........

16. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Ahh but we are not talking about Eastwood vs. Tarantino. I agree with you on that. I'd say out of all of his movies, Cowboys is his weakest one, maybe Heartbreak Ridge too, just because of some of the inaccuracies, though I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I actually got in trouble in boot camp for trying to get away with the marching cadence from that movie. "Model A Ford and a tank full of gas..."

Unforgiven will always hold a special place in my heart as a great movie, and in fact had I extended the list to a top 20 you would have seen it...

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  17. MACK IS GOD

Another one I forgot from the 2000s, "Black Hawk Down" Ridley Scott is so great at pacing and building the story to the end.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Animal-_- like this.
  18. rev

rev picard is lord

I saw Collateral for the first time a few years back. I fucking loved it.

Tom Cruise was great and the action scenes were entertaining...

[​IMG]

SkiMask likes this.
  19. /SS/ PEIPER

/SS/ PEIPER Finisher

In No Order

The Thing (W/Kurt Russel)
    Predator
    Patton
    Scarface
    Alien
    Enemy Mine
    Unforgiven
    The Rookie
    The Dead Pool
    Angel Heart (Mickey Rourke)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  20. MACK IS GOD

No Nicholson movies? Im shocked.

Nice job with Angel Heart, very sneaky. Excellent movie, although in my opinion Mickey Rourke's career peaked with "Barfly"