TRS "Drama"

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by TOMBSTONE4U, Jul 6, 2017.

1. DreaMz

DreaMz Butterstick

admit you love socom, well said.

2. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Fair enough.

SCON shouldn't be No. 2 then, though. It was essentially in a glorified beta form its entire life. Had more issues than time magazine. And the recoil system was a camera recoil system, rather than a cross hair recoil system. Don't get me wrong, I loved SCON for different reasons. But if I were to rank them based of latency/lag/glitch issues. SCON would be sitting behind S2 at the bottom. I assume you didn't play the release or the first 6 months of the game.

For me:

1. S1/S2
    2. SCON
    3. The rest don't matter.

I group S1/S2 together. I can't really say I like one more than the other. S2 had 22 maps. Introduced my favorite game mode in Breach medley. Offered so much diversity in terms of total maps and game modes. Not to mention they nerfed the accuracy of the guns which forced people to tap/burst their weapons constantly in S2 to reset the bloom of their crosshair. S2 feels more like CS in terms of having to let your recoil reset constantly.

S1 was amazing because it was as smooth as butter. Let you know how many hits people took at the end of the rounds, no health bar, and having no lag was amazing. It is the vanilla game of the series. The menu's were bad ass. The campaign was bad ass. It is like watching your favorite movie series. Typically the first one holds a heavy spot.

Edit: I'm actually a little particular to Breach Medley maps and SEALs in particular. Easily spent 10k+ hours in those maps alone on the SEAL side. I wrote a 7 page fiction paper on the map of Sandstorm back in school. I made it sound like a movie scene. Lol

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. DreaMz

DreaMz Butterstick

i feel like we've all had this debate over and over again about which socoms we think are the best and why.. im not hating. i just think its time we move on from that, and start putting our heads together for what we all want. a good game to play again.

4. eVo7

eVo7 Hillary Clinton's I.T. Guy

A "good" game is very subjective. I've played lots of good even great games since SOCOM's prime has passed. I don't play SOCOM 2 by myself so if no one I know is playing (which is one of the reasons I only play 1 time a week) I am not playing this dog shit by myself. It's the people that keep me around honestly not the game and I think that's what it has always been.

5. RaidenXS

RaidenXS Demolition Junkie

But how do you define a "good game"? A game with encumbrance? Attachments? Vehicles? Dual primaries? A cover system? All these features are deviations from the Socom franchise with fans for each feature/mechanic.

/SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  6. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

The correct answer to all of these questions is S2 with hit detection in between S1 and S2 and otherwise nothing changing other than improved graphics and dynamic time of day/weather settings.

Any other answer is wrong and anyone who feels differently is just toxic.

/SS/ PEIPER likes this.
  7. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

S2 gameplay with s1 hit detection and s3/ca attachment system running on s3 engine. Enough said. You sir are a shithead troll and I dislike you for being wrong in your opinion.

Organ-Donor and MACK IS GOD like this.
  8. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

The correct answer to all of these questions is S2 with s1 hit detection, proximity chat, roll grenade option, duck option, and otherwise nothing changing other than improved graphics and dynamic time of day/weather settings.

Any other answer is wrong and anyone who feels differently is just toxic.

9. MACK IS GOD

Duck option?

Isnt that crouch?

RaidenXS likes this.
  10. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

no, on confrontation you could be crouched and then duck your head down a little lower if you tilted the controller forward.

SkiMask and WAR_PIG like this.
  11. MACK IS GOD

6 Axis

1481544984268.jpg

12. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

yeah i dont like the 6 axis at all, but if they could map the duck feature onto another button or a combination of buttons it would be a nice touch.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  13. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Encumbrance isn't bad. As long as it is only affected by guns. A .50 cal sniper rifle should slow you down just a little bit in comparison to an AR. An HK5 should be the lightest but not too much where it is a nuisance. I think there is a fine balance needed to be made.

Is it a necessity? No. But, if it were to be implemented at least they should have implemented it right. Have nades and everything else weigh you down even further just makes the game feel super sluggish and slow. Which is lame.

14. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

S2/S2's engine with SCON hit detection. SCON's character customization with extended variations of factions to choose for clans. Grenade roll was pretty bad ass. Proximity chat too.

Honestly there are cool features of every SOCOM. From S1 to SCON to S4. There are things that could be pulled from each and be a very competitive fun game.

DreaMz likes this.
  15. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

This was bad ass... I can't tell you how many times I had fun goading an enemy over the mic to come in and get me! hahaha! Such fun times. Loved talking shit to enemies ... and sometimes confusing them where I was. Good times.

RaidenXS and ChicKeN like this.
  16. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Oh 100%. It took trash talking to another level. We didn't just trash talk in the lobbies anymore. The trash talking translated into the game which made it that much more fun in my opinion.

SkiMask, DreaMz and WAR_PIG like this.
  17. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

vehicles..

...must

...have

.....vehicles

18. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

[​IMG]

RaidenXS and hexum like this.
  19. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Wings

And "cover me" button... out of everything that could have been added... would love to know what bright genius said, hey, let's add a "cover me" button. hahaha!

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  20. DreaMz

DreaMz Butterstick

ya i know a lot of people will say different things, but the way i see it is, what started socom? what made it so popular? the originals. so in my opinion, and it might be biased because i started with socom 1 and then 2 etc.. but i would say a good game would be anything that feels like socom 1/2. strafing/gun fighting/dive to prone, i think the mechanics and the game modes/maps is what made socom so addicting. and obviously the clan wars, nothing will ever compare.

SkiMask likes this.