TRS Fantasy Football League 2017

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Jul 23, 2017.

1. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

TRS - ALL ON THE LINE 2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL MEGATHREAD
    Draft Type: Live
    Draft Date: TBD
    Host: Yahoo
    Roster: 1 QB // 1 RB // 2 WR // 1 TE/WR // 1 RB/WR // 1 DEF & K // 6 BENCH & 1 IR
    Settings: TBD

8/12 teams have been claimed

This season we will be using Yahoo to manage our fantasy league. For future reference there is a mobile app you can live draft from, along with the regular PC client.

Anyone who is a TRS member is welcome to join us. Just post up in this thread below and someone will send you a private message with the league invite link. However if attending the live draft will be an issue, please let us know. We are trying to create a healthy and more serious active league. As of now, that date is unknown.

Settings are up for debate right now. The only thing we have all come in agreement on so far is allowing draft pick trades. I'll update this thread with all the other juicy bits when we get there.

@TOMBSTONE4U and @MACK IS GOD along with myself are going to head up the commissioner roles.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    MACK IS GOD likes this.
  2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Couple things to throw out there.

1) For recruitment purposes and more people seeing we are making a league would it be a good idea to put this in the Socom section just until the league is filled and would that be ok @Animal-_- ?

2) What do you guys think about eliminating kickers entirely? The thought of some midget from Belgium or Argentina deciding who wins a game just doesnt seem kosher. Its bad enough that it happens in the real NFL, why should we allow it to do it to our league?

3. MattyB

MattyB Devil's Road

I would be down if you guys are looking for more people.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  4. PRE_-CISION-_

I personally like kickers. There aren't many guys who put up 15 point games so you gotta be smart with who you're drafting and when. To just throw them away would throw away another part of the strategy. Also gives you a reason to pay attention to a crap game when all you have left is one kicker and you need 12 points for a win.

Pm sent. Like I mentioned stop in this thread every now and then. As we get closer to the preseason we should have a better idea of how things are shaping up

5. MACK IS GOD

Fine.

I hope when we play my non English speaking foreign midget outscores your non English speaking foreign midget and I get the win!

6. PRE_-CISION-_

[​IMG]

7. MACK IS GOD

Yea hes like the only cool kicker in the league. Shame how he got railroaded by the league and the legal system.

8. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Send away

9. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

I don't mind you talking about it if it's kinda relevant or even as a sort of "food picture" troll derailment, but I'd rather you not make an all new thread in the gaming sections.

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  10. PRE_-CISION-_

Sent!

@Laziness you down again this year?

11. PRE_-CISION-_

Would you guys have any objections with my friend x--Nike playing this year again with us? I forget which team he was last season but he was active all throughout

12. MACK IS GOD

No issue with me.

13. PRE_-CISION-_

So we're at 5 teams confirmed. I'd like to personally hit 12 and I believe Mack is in agreement as well.

@Smokey_Run @Laziness what about you guys? Down to get ran over this year?

14. MACK IS GOD

12 teams to me is just right as far as talent distribution goes. Theres enough owners that its hard to horde talent and you get good waiver wire activity.

We still need to settle on position set up too @PRE_-CISION-_

I know you like 3 WR but with no flex in Yahoo we might have to do 2 spots that are a combination of WR/TE, WR/RB, TE/RB. So the team would be something like this:

1QB
    1RB
    3WR
    1TE
    1RB/WR
    1WR/TE

I definitely am in favor of only 1 required starting RB, but have no problem with people starting 2 if they want to. Unlike Socom, I think options in Fantasy make for a more interesting and fun league. Another thing I'll throw out there is playing a 2 QB league. I usually have a at least a few teams in a 2 QB league and they are really fun. It changes the entire dynamic and makes QB a much more valuable position.

Just throwing out some ideas for people to think about, Im fine with whatever everyone decides on.

15. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

I'm down

MACK IS GOD likes this.
  16. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired 2011-2017

If you guys absolutely need someone, I can take the last spot. Nothing on the line, but bragging rights, right?

I really don't want to end up with three teams (the plan was to just have one because I'm not really feeling it this year), I already have an additional team I didn't even realize I had until the other day because I was rolled over for another season in Paul's league he's been running for a number of years now.

If I joined, I'd echo @MACK IS GOD about having one running back with the option for a second in a flex position. The league is a two back league and the position is almost useless outside of like 3-5 RBs. There is just no depth to make it a premiere position in a league anymore.

17. PRE_-CISION-_

Invite sent to your message box
    I actually loveeeee that roster lineup. Seems like one RB is the best way to go this year. There might only be 10 quality starting options in the damn league at this point with everyone in a committee.

Two flex positions for WR seems like overkill tho. Maybe just one RB/TE and then another starting slot for WR? I do like having potentially 5 starting WR on a team though. I'm just worried the run on that group might be too strong and you'll end up starting guys like Josh Reynolds from the Rams at 3 if you target anything else early.

18. PRE_-CISION-_

No need to feel forced, if you change your mind let us know. Just figured since you enjoy FF I'd throw you a notification

19. MACK IS GOD

How about this?

1QB
    1RB
    2WR
    1RB/WR
    1WR/TE
    1TE

This setup is essentially a 3 WR team with the extra TE and RB options to make one of the positions a Flex. What do you think?

PRE_-CISION-_ likes this.
  20. PRE_-CISION-_

That seems very fair to me and looks like the winner, at least in my opinion. Should lead to some unique team combos as well. What about bench slots? I was leaning toward seven. Six would be pushing it since you'll have a QB taking up a slot no matter what.