TRS Fantasy Football League 2017

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Jul 23, 2017.

1. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Don't make him feel better

2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

In a desperate attempt to shore up his rapidly crumbling team, @TOMBSTONE4U picks up Hunter Henry and Taylor Gabriel off waivers.

The death spiral begins.........

3. PRE_-CISION-_

I see how this season's going to go. I'm going to consistently put up 120+ only to play against other teams that reach peak scoring potential when we play.

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  4. MACK IS GOD

Cmon bro. Its still early. Theres gonna be weeks like that, but dont let it get you down. Just sit back and have a drink. Everythings gonna be fine.

whineken.jpg

5. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

This rapidly crumbling team is now the only remaining undefeated team in the league after this week lol. Being as Eifert, Reed, and Olsen seem to be having injury issues I think I chose to hoard tight ends at the right time muahahahahahaha. I don't even mind if I can't trade them, just leaving crap for TE options on the FA list makes it worth holding on to them now. I'm keeping Reed, Doyle, and Henry for the remainder of the season just to spite anyone with TE issues. I may even add a few more this week. Ben Watson here I come! lol

6. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Yep, I just tried something different this week and it paid off..

Also, I would really like to know who is who on the roster. I know maybe 2 or 3 names?

7. MACK IS GOD

Tight Ends are a crap shoot that can score 5-20 points at random depending on if you are lucky enough to start the right one. Outside of 4 or 5 of them they are about as reliable as kickers in trying to project points. If you dont have one of the top 5 TEs you can just roll the dice with whoever is available on waivers week to week and based on how lucky you are you will either get fucked or they will catch 2 TDs.

What did you try doing differently? Putting in the players with the highest projected points?

8. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Seeing as Pre is a Lambs fan, I'm sure you can figure out is name. Seeing as I am a Bears fan, you can figure me out. Seeing Mack is, well...Mack, I'm sure you can figure him out as well LOL.

9. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

I have always tried to start some one who I knew who wasn't coming off the bench and I always look for Terrible teams to match up against.

Aaron looked like crap against the Falcons so I started to worry about him, but garbage time saved his ass in fantasy. Also you have the QB's set up weird for points being a PPR league, they appear very low. Usually QB's lead in PPR is how I have always seen it. QB's should outscore WR's, TE's and RB's.

I noticed when Aaron hit Ty last night with a pass which resulted in a TD, Ty outscored Aaron during that exchange. It should be the other way around in my opinion, QB's in PPR should be the higher number, keeps that one player like Gronk, Brown, Bell or who ever is a fantasy hoe that year from overwhelming a league in points.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 3:29 PM
  10. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

But that's about it really. I have no clue who anyone else is?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM
  11. MACK IS GOD

QBs typically get 4 pts for a TD pass.

12. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

6 is typical in PPR. 4 is the original setting in a standard League. But it's usally about the Commish and how the League votes on scoring.

This is the scoring set up of one of my PPR Leagues and it seems to work well every year.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/40732/editstatcategories

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 3:44 PM
  13. MACK IS GOD

Its also the standard setting in any PPR league on any platform. If a league has a scoring system with QBs getting 6 points for a TD pass then the settings were altered.

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  14. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Yeah Roger that!,,

My point is that a PPR league generates more points among it's players, so the QB needs to be the lead scorer versus a TE or a RB in the end. The Leagues I have usually played in that were PPR kept the QB to higher point system.

But hey, it makes for a tougher arrangement and it's different for me, not saying it's wrong, just not used to it. I'm having fun and that's all that matters in the end.

15. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Yeah I'm not going to lie, I'm clueless too. Someone has the Vikings color on their helmet logo, so I am assuming that's Matty. Other than that, the others I mentioned, you and Tomb, I'm done.

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  16. MACK IS GOD

The Stugots is Seth Luisi and one of the other teams is Dirty Walter.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and PAUL-AWOL- like this.
  17. PRE_-CISION-_

Zimmer me timbers is @MattyB
    Shlomo Shekelstein is @MACK IS GOD
    Beatin my Ditka is @JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz
    Tombstone4u is @TOMBSTONE4U
    A Team has no name is @aremsoc26
    Bulls on Parade is @Elite_Bull_
    My Gurly Kupp would be myself

So in total we have 8 from TRS and the rest were fill in's who are active and interested in a league

MACK IS GOD and PAUL-AWOL- like this.
  18. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I don't like to brag but I'm number one and the only undefeated team in the league. Just beatin' the brakes off you kids. Now I have to play Bull who thinks having a good team just means having Tom Brady and a wide receiver like Beckham who puts up WR 1 numbers like 3 games per season. Even though Reed is hurt and likely will play decoy while Vernon Davis gets most of the work, and I have two capable TE subs on my bench, I feel like I have to keep Reed in just as a handicap to give Bull a somewhat fair chance to possibly beat me.

19. PRE_-CISION-_

Crowell vs Colts or Kupp vs 9ers

I'm leaning towards Isaiah Crowell since Cleveland has 0 WR's and rookie at QB. They play the Colts who don't have a defense. I'm feeling like he's going to get that breakout week.

As a Rams fan I know Kupp is going to get his share of targets. Problem is the 9ers fucking suck. We are going to have a lead fast and Gurly will grind the rest out. Potentially looking at 2 quarters of work for Kupp.

This is in our league but I'm curious for an opinion

20. MACK IS GOD

Crowell by far.

21. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I'd say Crowell to. At least with Crowell to you know he is the man at his position. If he has a bad day it will be because of him not because of someone else poaching him. Kupp seems to have the better chemistry with Goff then Watkins does but the fact a Watkins caliber player is also in the mix means there will likely be weeks where Watkins poaches the yards and TDs catches from Kupp (and vice versa). I also factor in the division thing. Sometimes a shitty team like the 49ers will still play teams in their division tough. Throughout the Tom Brady years for example the Jets even when they looked like they had shit for a team often did a better job containing the Pats then far better teams outside the division did. Division games just seem to often defy the way you'd think they should play out on paper.

PRE_-CISION-_ likes this.
  22. PRE_-CISION-_

Our division always plays each other tough but I just wear McBae love goggles. Right now I feel like we can easily take care of the 9ers. I'll probably start Crow.