TRS Fantasy Football League 2017

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Jul 23, 2017.

1. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Listen, I don't even need another receiver, I just had a look at my roster and realized woah, after a few tweaks I'm fucking unstoppable. My team is so good that even with Dez and Zeke on bye week I'm not even going to sub out for my K Bailey this week. I'm going to roll without a kicker and still win by 30 points. I just said "You know what, who cares if I don't have a kicker, I'm handsome, I'll land on my feet".

2. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Well lets talk turkey cuz Cam plays Thursday night. So if we can work something out it needs to be pronto. I have strong interest from other owners as well so pitch me your best offer and lets see if we can get it done.

3. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

LOL, strong interest, well you don't need me then check out them other offers. I never checked the trade rules for our league, if it is standard you would not have him by thursday even if we did agree on a trade tonight. I think it goes through a vote period for two days then the traded players show up on the rosters on the morning of the third day after trade was accepted.

4. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Outside of Thomas I don't really see anything on your roster I want. Not that you don't have other good fantasy players but some of those names just have been a bad omen for me when I have had them in past seasons. For example let's say we did a deal where I got Gurley, I believe he would revert right back to Gurley of last year the moment I roster him just as Lesean McCoy alwasy plays well when someone else has him but sucks if I roster him or trade for him in a league lol

Anywho. I could do like a Michael Thomas for Cam Newton along with Davante Parker. Parker has a sprained ankle but they say it's minor and he should be back either this week or next, he also has his bye week out of the way so he'll be a plug and play for other bye week players the rest of the way. Like I said might be too late for you to get Cam for Thursday so we can wait till early next week so you can use Thomas this week and plus get to see if Parker is game ready this weekend before you decide if you want him. If not, see what some of those other teams will offer a QB for they may have something where you can give up less then a Thomas.

5. MACK IS GOD

Do you seriously think I would trade a top 5 WR1 off my team, which is already thin at WR, for a QB and a WR5 with Jay Cutler throwing him the football? lolol

Cmon man. Thats why I said "reasonable" offers. Everybody always tries to rape people in fantasy trades. Does Davante Parker even have a TD yet this year? lol

6. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

If I was you I wouldn't even trade pieces for a QB. You got Carson Palmer on the FA list who has two back to back decent pass matchups and once Adrian Peterson starts playing it'll help Palmer open the field up more. Even though AP sucks now seems like teams still buy into the idea he can hurt them if they don't stack the box when he's on the field. So if he draws more people into the box then what Chris Johnson was Palmer could start to show some signs of life.

7. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

P.S. Parker does have a touchdown this year but to be fair I believe it came in garbage time in like week 3 or some shit. I think for him to be more consistent they are going to have to bench Cutler and give Moore a shot. Cutler likes to lean on check down WRs so in my opinion Cutler actually helps Jarvis Landry's value more then Parker, at least in PPR leagues where you can still score decent without touchdowns if you have a decent reception volume.

8. MACK IS GOD

QB isnt that big a concern for me. I just wanted more depth at WR but for some reason people are keeping a ridiculous number of QBs on their team. I would probably grab Palmer once he clears waivers but now that you mentioned him here somebody will probably grab him of waivers just to be an asshole. (probably you, lol) Im not going to blow my waiver position on a QB and Im certainly not going to get raped in a trade by someone for a QB. I'll run without one for a bye week if necessary before that happens.

9. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

lol Nah, I'm not grabbing him I got Watson and Newton, that's the max spots I'm willing to use on QBs. But you might as well drop Eli being as he sucked before he lost Beckham and Marshall so you can try to waiver him out for Palmer and if someone does scoop him, hell just do the weekly matchup thing. Like if I was fucked for a QB I might give someone like McCown a whirl next week. He has a chance to play above his average as I suspect NE will get up early and offer him at least a good 2 quarters of garbage time weak coverage. Bortles against the Rams could have some shootout potential. You could also maybe sit on Luck for now if you have an expendable player on the bench but the problem with him is his late season schedule is brutal. That's why I wound up dropping him and didn't bother waiting on him to be my backup when I saw what his last 5 games or so looked like. I can't remember off hand but I think he has like Baltimore and Denver to deal with in the playoff weeks and few other tough pass defenses leading up to the playoff weeks like the Jags.

10. MACK IS GOD

Thats why I dont care about the QB position. Its slightly more valuable than Kicker. I would have no problem starting a different QB every week off waivers. Usually you can pick up a starting QB in the bottom 3rd off waivers but people are hoarding QBs for some reason and there are literally like 2 starting QBs available off waivers.

Even with that, worst case I just grab Flacco or whichever QB is starting for the Browns and plug them in. So I play the 25th ranked QB and get 12 points and my opponent plays the 10th ranked QB and gets 18 points. Who cares, lol. I'd rather be in my position with 5 RBs in the top 25 and 4 WRs in the top 20 than be deep at Quarterback, lol.

11. Elite_Bull_

Elite_Bull_ 203 Spammer

Yeah this sucks! You'll have to talk with me on discord. I'm not sure what to do.

12. MACK IS GOD

You are definitely going to have to make some type of trade. You simply cant replace 2 WR losses of that caliber off the waiver wire. Im looking at your roster now and I'll try to come up with a fair deal to get you some help. Might even have to do a 3 team deal because Im not very deep at WR but I definitely want Brady. So maybe if you send me Brady, I can send somebody a RB, and they can send you a couple WRs.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  13. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Don't settle for anything less then Michael Thomas if you give up Brady.

[​IMG]

14. MACK IS GOD

@Elite_Bull_ has never played in a Fantasy league before, you need to be careful what you say to him. He might read this and not realize its a joke and end up screwing up his chances of getting any kind of value from a trade if he thinks that anyone in their right mind would ever trade a top 5 WR for a QB.....lol

15. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

It's not a joke lol. If I was him I wouldn't give up Brady for less then a top tier WR. Brady might not be worth a Beckham, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, or Mike Evans but he's worth the tier just under that one. If Bull is new to fantasy he also has to make sure he doesn't get played by someone who isn't lol.

16. MACK IS GOD

Now youre just trolling. If you think a QB in an essentially 3 WR 1 RB PPR league is worth anything past a mid level WR2, especially to a guy who just lost half his WR corps and already has another QB on his bench owned by 88% of the league youre insane. Youre just going to end up hurting his ability to save his season by floating out this nonsense. Hes going to spend all week thinking he should get a kings ransom for a QB in a 3 WR PPR league and end up having to fill his roster with scraps off the waiver wire because nobody is going to meet the preposterous expectations you just filled his head with.

17. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Well if that's the case Bull will get the better of me in what I offered him for Brady since I offered him Cam Newton plus Emanuel Sanders so that he still gets a decent QB plus a second tier WR for Brady. I also gave him a riskier option with two WRs. Cam Newton Plus Mike Williams and Devate Parker. I made it clear though that was risky and it might not be till two weeks from now when Davante is ready to play and Mike Williams has time to learn the offense That he might actually see some return on those two. So he has the risky 2 WR option and the less risky 1 WR plug in and play ready option if he takes Cam with Sanders. And even if any deal he chooses doesn't live up to the WR help he hoped for, at least he got Cam in the deal so that the loss of Brady doesn't sting so much. So what can you offer that's better? ;)

18. MACK IS GOD

I wouldnt offer him anything better. I'll just let you offer him a trade that upgrades you at Quarterback and lets you unload a shit tier WR you just picked up off waivers. I was legitimately trying to work something out to help him salvage his season, you seem intent on trying to fuck him over in order to get Brady.

I'll just focus on my team and let others do the same.

19. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

I think you're playing it a bit nonchalant. You're drooling for Brady but acting passive about it to keep his value low lol. I mean lets be real here. According to you if he loses Brady to you and gets like a Terrel Pryor in a three way which is about all you think Brady is worth in a PPR apparently, that would be helping him how exactly?

20. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

Tell you what, give us some specific WR names you think are worth a Brady in a one for one straight up trade. What would you consider that second tier he should give up Brady for.