TRS Fantasy Football League 2017

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by PRE_-CISION-_, Jul 23, 2017.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

If we do 12 teams I would leave the benches at 6. At 7 you would have a lot of hoarding and barely any waiver wire activity.

Look at it this way. There are 32 teams in the NFL. If you assign starting positions for each team at 3 WR, 1RB, and 1TE, thats 175 starting offensive positions not including QB.

In a 12 team league with the starters we discussed and 7 bench slots not including QB, there would be 156 players on teams in our league. Leaving only 19 available starters who would be the absolute worst scrubs available. Meaning there would be almost no free agent pick ups or even moderately serviceable players ever coming available.

Now obviously there will be a few guys who have breakout seasons that nobody drafted and injuries that force 2nd and 3rd stringers into the spotlight, but its been my experience that the bigger the bench is, the less importance there is on smart waiver wire moves and free agent pick ups. Having to make those tough decisions about who to cut and who to keep is what makes Fantasy as fun as it is.

I also would highly recommend an Injured Reserve slot. It will help protect people from getting screwed if a star player gets hurt early in the season or suspended but will be coming back at some point during the year. It keeps people in the game by giving them some hope that they can get their player back and not be forced to release him.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Good point. I lowered the depth chart to 6 bench players with one IR.

3. MACK IS GOD

Yea I think that will make for more waiver wire activity and more active rosters.

How are we doing on team slots? How many are still open?

4. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

@MattyB and @Laziness need to accept their invites. If/when they do we would be up to 7 members. Currently we are at 5. I'm kind of surprised at the general lack of interest. If worse comes to worse we can pull people outside of this site who are interested

5. MACK IS GOD

Its still early. People havent gotten the football bug yet. If we arent filled up by mid-August we can go outside TRS to fill the slots. You definitely wanna do 12 teams, right?

6. MACK IS GOD

Spoke to @JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Bullski. They are both down to join.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  7. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Si, uh...correcto

8. MACK IS GOD

1465225526184.jpg

9. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

10. MACK IS GOD

1484164817270.gif

11. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

12. MACK IS GOD

Alright, you win......

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  13. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Well, without this going on a crazy derail, I know how much you love the genius that is Signore Tarantino.

Sorry @PRE_-CISION-_ I'll help get this back on track. Looking forward to playing with you guys this year.

Sleeper RB1 for someone to draft: Cedrick Benson. TRUST me...

14. MACK IS GOD

You know we can trade draft picks in this league, right?

15. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

16. MACK IS GOD

Jesus bro. I thought you would have more faith in me then that.

Obviously I know who soft ass Cedric Benson is. I remember his DUI that he got on a fucking boat, too. lol

I was just pointing out the draft pick trades. Had nothing to do with big bust Ced.

17. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I stand corrected and gladly admit my misinterpretation of your comment.

He should have been SO much better. I was happy as hell when the Bears drafted him. I was when they drafted Rashan Salaam too tho.

18. MACK IS GOD

That was a weird RB class in '05.

I really thought Cadillac and Ced would be thunder and lightning in the league for 10 years. Injuries for Williams and behavior for Benson fucked all that up. Thats why I never support wasting a high draft pick on a RB. They are a dime a dozen.

19. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Well, the dynamic of the league has shifted so much in the past 15 years. Unless you get those once in a lifetime types like AP or even Zeke right now, I agree with you. I'd rather shore up the O-Line and get some receivers. Getting a TE with hands and some RBs can come later. Look at Matt Forte and Jordan Howard for the Bears, just as examples. Howard looks like he's going to be great, he just needs to work on his pass catching, which I don't think will be a problem.

20. MACK IS GOD

>once in a lifetime
    >Zeke

Pick one.

There are at least 20 RBs in the league who would put up identical stats to Elliot if they were running behind that line.