Unnoffical Community Nights Until Resumed

Discussion in 'Community Nights, Clan Battles & Tourneys' started by Tawok, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Hello all,

As you may be aware, the official Community Nights are taking a well deserved break. The Xlink Squad is here to continue the great tradition of pulling together the SEALs here at TRS for friendly warfare! The schedule will pan out as follows (until officially resumed):

2/1/14

When: 8:00 PM CT / 9:00 PM ET
    Where: SOCOM 2 NTSC Xlink
    Room/Lobby: TheRealSOCOM
    Password: Message Tawok on TRS, Twitter, or FB

2/8/14

Need leader this night - Tawok out of town
    Where: SOCOM CA NTSC Xlink

2/15/14

Where: SOCOM 2 NTSC Xlink

2/22/14

Where: SOCOM CA NTSC Xlink

We DO NOT have a streamer at this point. Any volunteers would be swell. Until the official CM nights return, we will follow an alternating schedule between S2/CA. Week 1 and 3: S2, Week 2 and 4: CA.

Happy huntin'

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Drum, Sikkamore and LUKENBACHER like this.
  2. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER (Retired) TRS Staff

You guys rock! Thank you for keeping this going while I take a little vacation. I've devoted about 85% of my weekends the last 4 years for CM nights. Try explaining that to a new girlfriend lol. "But you don't look like one of those computer nerds."

See you guys next month. You might see me make a surprise appearance over the next 4 weeks as well. If I do attend, I will be sure to livestream it here at TRS.

WarMachine_v1, Drum and Tawok like this.
  3. Stealth

Stealth Foxhunt

Can't wait to start smacking some peeps around on SOCOM 2!

Anyone ever figure out if trying to get on through VMWare or Parallels through a Mac and a backwards compatible PS3 works?

4. Sikkamore

Sikkamore Claymore Jumper

I'm hooking up my PS2 right now. I'll have to get Xlink set up on my desktop tomorrow then I'll be ready to roll!

Drum likes this.
  5. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Due to some new cheaters crawling out of the woodwork last night, there will be passwords on the CM lobbies in XL. For the password, message me on here, Twitter, or FB.

(Could use an assistant as I can't make the Feb 8th CM night, msg if interested)

6. Stealth

Stealth Foxhunt

I knew once those other servers went down more cheaters would crawl out of their holes. Lame!

7. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

I'm giving this some serious consideration now. Looking to buy a PS2 and S2 and CA. Are there youtube vids to show how all this works? I'm a Mac guy so I'll need to get a cheap laptop PC too I guess. Any info would be great. Thanks...

Drum likes this.
  8. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

Does someone have a crash course guide for S2 xlink? I might be interested in trying it.

9. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Drum likes this.
  10. VanilaGorila

VanilaGorila Claymore Jumper

I don't have a PS2 headset anymore, will a standard PC USB headset work?

11. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

I got a simple USB 2.0 headset and it doesnt work with my PS2. If someone has recently bought something (that is proven to work), could you provide a link?

12. PRE_-CISION-_

PRE_-CISION-_ Banned for jumping on the mattress

Sent a message for the pass that's really lame some dudes still can't grow up. Looking forward to making as many of these gatherings as I can :)

Drum likes this.
  13. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

I got you Pre. Some turds always gotta land in the punch bowl.

14. BLUERAM

BLUERAM Navy SEAL

im there...but what about fri nights also?

15. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Be there tomorrow. Can't wait to get my Socom 2 fix on.. Thank Goodness for Xlink.

Ohhh and for those who loved Socom Combined Assault like I did I will be on that game also, Bring it !!

Drum likes this.
  16. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

Drum and Smokey_Run like this.
  17. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

Need community feel on the current proposed schedule... alternating s2/ca and all. Drum made a great suggestion to do s2 on Sat and CA on Sun. I feel like I should make a poll.
    I heard SOFs is doing their community night on Fridays and we don't want to conflict with them. I am interested, does anyone know what game they're playing (I can't find the thread at SOFs)? If it's anything non SOCOM, IMO we shouldn't give a shit about conflicting. Just my 2 cents.
    Paul, I'll be on Xlink tomorrow night with ya, and have a feeling most of us will follow.

Drum likes this.
  18. Smokey_Run

Smokey_Run Retired

VanilaGorila and Drum like this.
  19. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Thanks, Tawok. Good stuff. Remember, fellas: If you still have your old memory card and PS2, don't delete the Sony/Zipper data (patch). Although we play "unpatched" almost exclusively, you'll need the patch to play the S2 HDD maps or to simply play a patched (nearly bug-free) game.

20. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

I think it's the same person who's been lurking in the arena for months. (Message me if you need to know the perp's Xlink name.)

Yeah, a pw-protected arena is a no-brainer for TRS nights. Besides their obvious use for keeping the a-holes out, private arenas seem to have fewer connectivity issues.