Welcome Thread - Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in 'Introductions, Info, Suggestions & Feedback' started by HTK, Nov 3, 2010.

1. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

C'mon @Psycho just slide in and interact! I won't bite...Ask me anything...That should at least get you a few today.

2. CiSC0_GUY

CiSC0_GUY Green Up

Hello everybody. It's great that people are still playing Socom. I just found out about all this last week, so I bought me a PS2 and Combined Assault off eBay. I tried to get going with Xlink but it keeps saying "querying orbital mesh". I then tried XBSlink but there was no clouds available. Are people still hosting the clouds or have I missed out on the fun? Either way, if someone could let me know what's the deal is , I would appreciate it. Thanks and I look forward to playing with you guys soon.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and SkiMask like this.
  3. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Welcome.

We'll sort you out.

I followed this to a T and it worked like a charm within about 20 minutes. Your "querying orbital mesh" is a very common error and is fixable. I have to run, but we'll get you up and running. Also don't forget to pick up SOCOM II so that you may play ALL the SOCOM available.

Edit: I find this place helpful. As far as "requerying orbital mesh" they say its likely your router cock blocking SOCOM.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    MADDENKING1980 likes this.
  4. Winterblade

Winterblade Green Up

hi guys, i'm new here.. just wondering if someone here got a Combined Assault Save File that Synced with FTB 2 Crosstalks or vice versa. Would be great if you pass me a link... (i don't have psp, only EmulatorPPSSPP.. couldn't sync with my ps2)

5. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Welcome to the site Winterblade. I don't personally have a save file like that but you might want to ask in the Xlink forum, the people who are still playing CA online would probably be your best bet.

MADDENKING1980 and SkiMask like this.
  6. LEEFFM

LEEFFM Green Up

anyone know why i can start a thread?, i played SOCOM: Combined Assault under the name SSGLIBERTYA.

seeing as i cant start any threads ill just post here lol.

Are there any SOCOM fans here that are familiar with Unreal Engine 2 or Unreal Engine 3/UDK?

I was interested in starting development on a New Third Person Shooter based off SOCOM: Combined Assault
    either in Unreal Engine 2 (using UnrealEngine2Runtime) or Unreal Development Kit (UDK) if developed in UDK the game could be released as a Free to play. the idea is to make Campaign and MultiPlayer GameModes that are similar to SOCOM: Combined Assault.

I have some experience Modding a game called Americas Army 2.5 which was made using Unreal Engine 2. Americas army is similar to SOCOM but it is a first person Shooter, and its much more limited.

i am horrible with map editors and content creation so Need people skilled in that arena and could use some more UnrealScript coders as i only have basic UnrealScript Knowledge and cant build a whole SOCOM game on my own.

7. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

Welcome to the site LEEFFM, the reason you can't start a thread yet is because we have a 20 post minimum before you unlock that ability. We had some issues in the past with troll accounts spamming new threads so we put in that restriction.

If you're looking for members familiar with modding and development, the place I think you should start is our Indie Projects forum: http://therealsocom.com/community/forums/socom-indie-projects.44/

8. Winterblade

Winterblade Green Up

thx for the heads up, i'll check it out

9. Modios

Modios .:fLaSh:.

Hello everyone! I used to have an account here a few years back, but moved and ended up forgetting all about it.

I never bothered to make a new one, just kind of lurked around for updates & all that. This whole thing with the Facebook page/website that just went up is what made me decide to sign up again. Figured if I wanted to be anywhere, I wanted to be here at the source.

A few of you I remember, most I don't know at all. Either way, Hello again, SOCOMers!

10. Swill

Swill Navy SEAL

Hey there Modios. Welcome to the site man. Nice to see you back.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Modios like this.
  11. Modios

Thank you sir! I can see I have lots of catching up to do around here

12. Swill

Swill Navy SEAL

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. Also, if you're interested in playing SOCOM on X-Link, we play every Friday night at around 11pm EST. If you need help setting up X-Link, again, just ask and people will be happy to help you out :)

Modios likes this.
  13. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Glad to have you back. You seem familiar but Im not sure......

Could you please PM me some nudes so I can see if I remember you?

Modios likes this.
  14. Modios

Sorry buddy, you gotta earn those...

15. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Hard to get........I like that.

16. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

Let the guessing game begin.

17. Modios

Hello Paul, I think I actually just finished watching one of your S2 vigilance games on YouTube

PAUL-AWOL- likes this.
  18. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Navy SEAL

I appreciate that. ty

19. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Professional deflection skills...

I kid. Welcome to the site. The group here is just as rowdy as always. Except for Mack...he's really toned it down.

Glad you're back.

Modios likes this.
  20. Modios

Lol, for what its worth, I wasn't one of the trouble makers.

Come to think of it, I never really said much to anyone when I was here. Just like to stay in the loop.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  21. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Nothing wrong with that. I like to engage in the on topic discussion as well, but I can derail a thread with talk of pizza and hot dogs with the best of them.

@Tawok loves it when we do that...

Tawok and Modios like this.