"What Are You Listening To?" Thread

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by VicVega0015, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

SkiMask likes this.
  2. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

3. PAUL-AWOL-

PAUL-AWOL- Desert Glory

4. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Crucible

RIP Chris.... So sad. :(

Drum, JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Tawok like this.
  5. Tawok

Tawok The New Celerity

No way man, god damnit

WAR_PIG likes this.
  6. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Been bummed out about this all morning. TO make matters worse, he dies on the same day as that Fox News scumbag Ailes decided to go.

Thank god I have this to listen to every morning, or I don't know what I would do...

WAR_PIG likes this.
  7. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

RIP

Drum and WAR_PIG like this.
  8. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

9. Animal-_-

Animal-_- TRS Staff

SGP421, Drum and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  10. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Didn't have time to look for that one. Love when Mr. Cash did cover songs. Still love this one:

11. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Cornell was quite possibly the best male vocalist of our generation. And maybe the most versatile.

Looks like Eddie is the last man standing.

12. MACK IS GOD

Best JC song coming in.....

13. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

Chris Cornell was my very favorite. Any time the topic came up: "Favorite/best rock singer?" No hesitation. Dude was the man in my book. Now they say he took his own life, and that makes it even bitterer. What on earth could save someone? Nothing, ultimately. Salvation is not of this world but of the supernatural realm, which Chris always seemed to be seeking in his lyrics and beyond. As a Catholic, I'm especially heartened by his rendition of Ave Maria. It only made me a bigger fan. My fellows in the Faith pray solemnly for the souls of the dearly departed as we mourn. Then we celebrate their lives. And we keep them in our prayers thereafter. Although I'm hardly among the most pious of men, it's the best I can do. I'm lost for one video to post in his memory. No one song or album seems to do, right now. They're all flooding through. What a magnificent catalogue of work he left. What a life. Requiescat in pace.

14. Bacterin

Bacterin The Confidant

Chris Cornell was one of the greatest, but I don't think there is a greatest singer. Mike Patton has the highest vocal range and is one of my favorites, but he might not be for everyone. Chris Cornell is more accessible for "mainstream" listeners so he'll be recognized more. It's more of a preference thing in the end. I prefer Layne Staley personally but most people would say Cornell had the better voice...but what defines better? Range, emotion? Because Staley had both.

WAR_PIG and MACK IS GOD like this.
  15. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

All great picks. I'm on board with what you are thinking. Number 1 in my book will always be Robert Plant, tho...

Drum and SGP421 like this.
  16. MACK IS GOD

Well sure, but I was including men who were actually relevant to music at some point in their career. Which is why I didnt consider Mike Patton. I'm sure I could find some dude in Albuquerque that might have a better voice than Chris Cornell, but since hes singing karaoke in Albuquerque, hes not relevant to the music world. Just like Mike Patton.

17. SGP421

SGP421 Fish Market Janitor

I have to say that I don't have much respect or pity for someone that ends their own life like this. 20 years ago I had a friend that decided he wanted to die and thought that jumping off a cliff of the Grand Canyons north rim was a memorable way to go.

With that said RIP CC. I guess some people have the ability to look inward and put out music that he did but can't find an outlet for their demons. With that said I guess I'll post a link to another good vocalist IMO

SkiMask likes this.
  18. MACK IS GOD

I dont either. But Christ, the guy has been obsessed with darkness and death throughout his whole career if you listen to his music. If anything he had already warned everyone. Guy was a devout Christian too so theres the whole "The only people guaranteed a spot in Hell are suicides."

Which makes me hope maybe it was just some asphyxiation kink gone wrong.

Plus he was in Detroit.

Cant blame anybody for hanging up if theyre stuck in Detroit.

SGP421 likes this.
  19. SGP421

20. SGP421

I agree, it's Detroit's fault

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and MACK IS GOD like this.