"What Are You Listening To?" Thread

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by VicVega0015, Aug 16, 2011.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

That kid's drum solo gets me every time i see this!

Almericus, Drum and Tawok like this.
  2. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

3. Tawok

Tawok has left the building

I had a party with.... "Uncle Cid" about 6 or 7 years ago wherein my friend and I, and uhhhh Cid, we watched the woodstock documentary front to back. Felt like I was there. This song gives me flashbacks of that uh, hangout sesh. Amazing song, and I feel like I'm almost rose tinted in my reflection on it.

Now I'm listening to...

"Comey Testifies Before Senate Intelligence Committee" #ComeyTestimony https://twitter.com/i/live/871728291962433536

Soon as this hearing is over I'm gonna jam all over that.

SkiMask likes this.
  4. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

You and I definitely both have the same friend, and have watched that entire documentary with him.

Wish I could watch what you are right now, but I am at work...

5. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

The problem is him hanging with you for the next two or three days bringing your ass down like an epic hangover with a permanent smile. LOL ;)

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  6. Tawok

WAR_PIG likes this.
  7. Tawok

Great fuckin guys. They deserve all the attention for this great cover.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and WAR_PIG like this.
  8. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

That is pretty impressive. Funny most of them were probably like 3 years old when the song came out. Lol

Tawok likes this.
  9. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Considering iv'e been fans of these guys since 1995, i was pretty fuckin stoked when i got out of work to find they uploaded their ENTIRE new album to youtube for free. Naturally going to buy a physical copy, but i mean shit... this is just what the nostalgia Dr ordered! Only TRUE punk here, you won't find any modern Green Day and Blink 182 bullshit.

SkiMask, WAR_PIG and Tawok like this.
  10. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I know being from the IL/WI area that @Tawok has heard of these guys. If you like really good cover bands, check out American English. A GREAT Beatles cover band. Not sure if they play outside of this area. Maybe they do, but I'm just saying that I don't know. Give a listen. There's a lot of good live material here, so you can skip through. They go through the mop top Fab Four stages through Sgt. Peppers with costume changes...

ChemoFreak7 and Tawok like this.
  11. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

12. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Any fans of the 4 dicks from Brooklyn? I'm talking about the one and only Type O Negative. Still my favorite band. After the lead singer died in 2010 from 20 years of shoving white powder up his nose and eating prozac, the surviving members went on to form A Pale Horse Named Death. Consisting of TWO former Type O Negative drummers with Sal Abruscato fronting the band (kind of reminds me of Phil Collins and Genesis actually)

Anyways, these guys kick ass if you like Doom/Goth metal. Which i absofuckinlutely do. On a side note the lead guitarist for Type O Negative, Kenny Hickey, formed a small side project called Seventh Void, which is closer to a more traditional rock sound. Check em out, sonic therapy for the mentally exhausted.

13. Tawok

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]
    I wonder if they got the name from the great fuckin read by Piers Anthony?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

16. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

Origins of my name....

Drum likes this.
  17. Tawok

Lovin this lo-fi shit.

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

19. Tawok

WAR_PIG likes this.
  20. WAR_PIG

WAR_PIG Foxhunt

Disturbingly beautiful. Not sure what I just watched but it felt kind of awesome. haha!