"What Are You Listening To?" Thread

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by VicVega0015, Aug 16, 2011.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Nope, you lose credibility when you get utterly roasted by your own peers and when you suck. I direct you to Common's "Sweet" on the YouTubes.

Hopsin got his start on a TV show like that, but my dude can rhyme. Personally, I don't care where you get you start from. Bring some skills and creativity with your wordplay on the mic. Vinnie Paz, Celph Titled, Lord Finesse, Rakim, Kane, Apathy, and a whole slew of others make a list like that for me. The Drakes, Wayne's and TI's of this world do not.

SkiMask likes this.
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

But them beats! Kidding. This I know. You opened my eyes same with Fry about these acts. Dig 'em and dig that trash some days too. Have to suspend my belief just for the beat and cast that wordplay aside. I sort of hate that, but it is what it is. Music is influential to me regardless of the origin or the mouth piece. I usually adapt the message or part of it to something relatable anyways. Usually a line or a verse, but yeah I feel ya.

I still like trash and my ears just wont change some days.

And that Celph Titled is still in heavy rotation since your recommend. Might even become a ReRun...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  3. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Not going to lie, a lot of the production is top notch, but I need some slick lyrics, too. It is VERY hard for me to overlook that. I also have a deep appreciation for all forms of music ('cept cunt-ry), but I can't forgo shitty lyrics.

SkiMask likes this.
  4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I love the double and triple entendres don't get me wrong, wordplay is VERY important to me and I love (as you know) to exploit ambiguity. So suspending that play on words isn't lost entirely, but wondering if said artist was/is what they claim takes a backseat. BUT usually only to the production value of the sound. Not to say I don't like/put up with lazy writing and lack of an entendres cause I do, but only in rare circumstances and a couple songs fit that bill.

Now here might not be an impressive sound or lyrics, but I just like the flow to everything. I saw this on Twitter a few moments ago and listened a few times and added it to my rotation for a bit.

5. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

Break it up fellas.;)

SkiMask and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  6. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

7. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Careful your stifle is showing...;)

9. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Think I'll travel south this year...

SkiMask likes this.
  10. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I'm gonna start a new segment of less than 100,000 views on Youtube and see what you fucking lames are made of.

Get on my level.

SkiMask likes this.
  11. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

This has more than a million views, but its a tip of the cap to @JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz by putting out one of the top 5 best Freestyle songs ever made from the Filipino Queen Jaya.

12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I'll play your game; tomorrow though. Just feeling this.

13. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

And turn this shit up.

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Whats the deal at 1:20? lol. I'm not sure if this is a video troll or not (Everything feels phony or ripped from Simple Minds to Kiss the Sky to the N.W.A. vibe and the Birdman front)

Is dickridin' this dude's intent or goal or just an inside "we can make this and it'll sell, just watch" joke?

Edit: just finished and am now convinced this is pure shit.

16. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

17. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

19. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

20. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Enjoying Johari's new stuff. Bit of a Deftones vibe on the first one here.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.