"What Are You Watching?"

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by SkiMask, Apr 2, 2016.

1. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Im gonna check it out based purely on your recommend, but Ive kind of sworn off USA programming anymore. Its seems they always come out with a new show, the first season or 2 is excellent, and then once they have a viewer base established the writing goes to shit and they just mail it in.

White Collar, Burn Notice, Fairly Leagal, Suits, all had the same thing happen. First season is well written, fresh, and intelligent, and then they just nose dive after a couple years.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

Not that it makes MUCH difference, but it's on SyFy. The pilot was double broadcast on SyFy and USA but since then it's only been on one channel.

3. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

@MACK IS GOD give SIX a go. I watched it last night. It looks like it's gonna be great. Your boy Walton has a very conflicted character, and we both know how well he pulls those off. Good characters you can really get behind, real life personal dilemmas and struggles too. The pilot was fantastic...

On the History Channel...

4. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Just watched it last night. Couldnt get into it. I was a little drunk but I kept zoning off into other shit and it didnt hold my attention. I find it hard to believe Goggins character would just murder a surrendering combatant the way they showed for 2 reasons.

1) If that actually happened, it would NEVER be aired on television.
    2) If it didnt happen, why would they have a scene like that unless its just hit piece on US Spec Ops?

Its supposed to be based on Seal Team 6, right? So Im assuming its meant to be based on the real Seal Team 6. And if thats the case, why are they showing one of the Seals executing enemies that have laid down their arms? Unless that actually happened?

When I watch something I can usually tell if I like it or not just by if I pay attention to it and dont drift off into other things. I found myself drifting throughout this entire show. Maybe I'll give it another try.

5. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

On top of watching the latest Homeland, I am also enjoying Season 4 of the Americans. On top of all that I still am current on the Blacklist and also looking for new shit. In the meantime, piss bottles and litres of cola brought me here:

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and Tawok like this.
  6. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

One of my favorite "stupid" movies of all time. Watched this one a lot in my teenage years.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and SkiMask like this.
  7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I almost went and did a Kevin Bacon 6° of movie scene separation only using dumb fun scenes versus Kevin.

8. Tawok

Tawok Not *That* Kinda Guy

How many degress is DJ Qualls?

Fuckin 2. God damn.

SkiMask likes this.
  9. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

The Expanse on "SyFy" is dope. It is not made by them so don't worry about that. It has excellent source material in the books which I recommend for any Sci-fi fan. The show's science is grounded in reality and receives praise from scientists and TV critics alike.

EPIC Space battles

The authors were assistants to GRRM and it is compared to ASOIAF a lot. If you liked firefly or anything like it I would highly recommend giving it a shot.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and SkiMask like this.
  10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Just what I can count on from TRS. Thanks dude, I've seen it on banners and wondered. Now I know.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

Laziness likes this.
  11. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I watch this show RELIGIOUSLY. It is fantastic. Very well acted, lots of plot twists so far. Really likeable characters. I couldn't wait for season 2 to start when 1 ended. It's like waiting for GoT...

SkiMask and Laziness like this.
  12. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

No reason to wait man, get the books. If you're not a reader go with the audiobooks.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  13. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I am reading along as well. Read the first book but took some time off. I read a ton.

If you ever get a chance and haven't done so yet, read Dune. If you have, then disregard LOL.

Laziness likes this.
  14. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

I got up to chapterhouse and stopped there...

SkiMask and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  15. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

understandable. it really gets strange. Chapterhouse REALLY gets strange. Dune and Dune Messiah are classics though. Greatest sci fi written, in my opinion, though the Foundation series by Asimov is up there as well...

Laziness likes this.
  16. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

I liked Foundation as a series better than Dune but, goddamn the first Dune book is amazing. I wonder what's going on with HBO's Foundation TV series, haven't heard anything in a while.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  17. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Agreed. As Dune progresses, it just gets pretty out there. Foundation's entire universe is just so solid.

Dune and Messiah on their own though...tough to beat.

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

19. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

[​IMG]

20. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate