What's everyone drinking?

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz, Jan 30, 2016.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

I know @Buchanans and I are some hopheads, but I want to see what everyone is drinking tonight or just likes to drink in general. Picked up two pint and a half bottles of some Clown Shoes Space Cake DIPA tonight.

For those who like craft beers, Clown Shoes is out of Ipswich, MA, and this DIPA is loaded with Mosaic hops. Gives it a really fruity nose, specifically pineapple. Very smooth, medium balanced mouthfeel, sharp at the start, dry at the end. For a 9 percenter, this really drinks smooth. I have polished off both bottles and am wondering what to go to next...

b2f6ed09-2fea-40a5-9ca2-8721e4eec7df.jpg

Tawok likes this.
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

When I used to drink years ago it was always Gin & Ginger (ale), low ball, rocks, splash of cranberry.

Tawok and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  3. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

The bumpy bottle, some guava juice, some swishers, and bustin some spades was a way of life for me back in the day...

EViL and SkiMask like this.
  4. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Tap water at the moment.

But the monthly list as best I can recall would include:
    Lagunitas Maximus
    Lagunitas Brown Shugga
    Dr Pepper
    Mammoth Lakes 395 IPA
    Stone Ruination
    Tap water
    Stone Arrogant Bastard
    Vodka
    Good coffee
    Tequila
    Ballast Point Sculpin
    Drake's IPA... I think
    Some of what's in a pickle jar
    Budweiser
    Milk
    Steel Reserve
    Creek water
    Racer 5 IPA
    Blended vegetable and fruit crap
    Shit Coffee
    OJ
    Sauza Tequila
    McCallan 12 year Scotch
    Snow

EViL and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

"I love to drink craft beer and discuss the work of Quentin Tarantino"

hipster-idiots-0.jpg

6. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Hence my forum title. My scarf is green though. Cheers, fruitcake...

[​IMG]

Swill and MACK IS GOD like this.
  7. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Sculpin is one of the better beers I have ever had. Glad I can get it out here, though I need to try the other Ballast Point offerings I can find. Stone and Lagunitas have never done me wrong either...

SGP421 likes this.
  8. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Coke, sprite, root beer, red and orange gatorade, milk, and SWEET tea., not that shit you yanks call sweet.

9. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I'm lucky. In my neighborhood where I live, we have a brewery inside of it lol. It's pretty sweet. Here's a picture of it:

[​IMG]

The neighborhood I live in is called Gateway, and they have a Gateway Golden Ale that is just awesome.

SGP421 likes this.
  10. SGP421

SGP421 Fish Market Janitor

If you're a fan of west coast ipas I'd suggest this one, it's pretty damn impressive. They had a lot of it at Binnys in orland the last time I was there.

image.jpeg

The first time I tried green flash probably 8 years ago I had a gluten free beer and it was just brutal lol. Glad I decided to give them another shot

11. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Incurable

12. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

I like Sculpin a lot,
    BUT... on average it's usually overpriced. They just don't go on sale as much as other things do. I even think they are overpriced against Ballast Point's own offerings. Big Eye costs less, granted I like Sculpin slightly more. And Dorado was the same price for a six pack and that's better and stronger (by 3%) IMO. The 22's always seem to cost 2 or 3 dollars more then things I put on similar ground.

That being said I like Ballast Point and most of their beers I've had. Pale Ale, Big Eye, Ginger Big Eye, Sculpin, Habanaro Sculpin (actually has some heat), Dorado, Black Marlin, Victory at Sea. Pineapple Sculpin was alright, the Grapefruit Sculpin sucks though, least I think it does. If you ever go to one of their breweries they have a bunch of weird variations that I imagine are only available on tap.

13. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I know they have the Pineapple Sculpin up here, though I worry sometimes about a beer being over fruity, so I tend to avoid fruity beers. That being said I am down to try most anything, and based on past conversations about beers, I definitely trust your recommendations, such as the Habanero, which I would DEFINITELY give a go. Hopefully theyhave the Dorado, as I like a good strong beer. I have a bomber of a beer up from up here called Death by Viking from Solemn Oath out of Naperville, IL. Comes in at a hefty 10%. Seeing as Stout season is coming to an end though, I am probably going to finish off a 4 pack of Ten Fidy from Oskar Blues in CO this weekend.

Ballast Point, and for the most part anything out of region isn't too badly priced. I'm sure we pay more for it up here than you do, but it's still reasonable.

I'll give it a shot, I have a Binny's 5 minutes from me, though it's in Algonquin...

14. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I thought this was a clever attempt at saying its a pain in the ass to get to via GTA5 reference. Bummer. I still smiled. ;)

15. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

@SGP421 here's one I am sure you've heard of-the brewery for sure. Probably my favorite DIPA. Absolutely perfect.

c7315f02-07d1-421c-8f5b-f92c6768cc14 (1).jpg

16. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

Deck sliding door Venetian blinds don't match the window Venetian blinds, wall basket decoration is not an equal distance between the deck sliding door and the window and appears to have a dead black cat stuffed in it, table the beer is on is too beige and not stained dark enough and has noticeable flaws in wood grain:

6/10: Would get drunk in, but would definitely go upper deck in the toilet at my first opportunity.

Tawok, SkiMask and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  17. SGP421

SGP421 Fish Market Janitor

Three floyds does a lot of good stuff. Problem with them is their distribution sucks. It's obscenely overpriced at liquor stores. It's best to go to the brewery directly, much better deals there. They're right in northwest Indiana by Hammond. Been there a few times but not recently. Dreadnaught is definitely one of their best. Best on I've had from them was rabbid rabbit, a cinnamon saison. That was a few years ago, don't think they make it anymore

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  18. LZMF1

LZMF1 Green Up

i can't decide what to enjoy today?

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  19. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I agree 100%. It is overpriced but man is it good. I think 3 Floyd's may have gotten swollen heads and that is why I think their distribution sucks. This is the first time I have seen Dreadnaught in 3 months; to me, they do it on purpose. Haven't seen Zombie Dust in almost 6 months. I went into the liquor store looking to get something else and just happened across 4 bombers of 'naught. Had to get them because I don't know when I'll get another chance.

20. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I have a pretty big open kitchen, so there are two lights. The window blinds do match, it's just the light over there was off, so they appear darker. The dead cat is grapes.

The unstained table is a butcher block island that I also prep food on.

I keep live cobras in all of my tanks, so I wish you the best of luck on that upper decker...

Tawok and SkiMask like this.