X-Link Counts

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink' started by SkiMask, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hexum

hexum [LiQ]

50 people watching a socom 2 clan match on twitch! ill take that

Focuzed likes this.
  2. Focuzed

Focuzed Navy SEAL

Now see, this is numbers I like to see and can get behind!

3. Swill

Swill Killjoy

Those 26 people are people who went out of their way to acquire a PS2, a SOCOM game, and set up X-Link. That shows that they'll either play at some point during the day, or they'll play at some point in the future, as no one goes through all the bullshit hoops X-Link requires just to sit in a lobby with no intention of playing.

So, even the total numbers count and are important.

4. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Unless when you log out of XLink and turn off the computer for weeks and weeks and are still "logged in" that shit to me, seems FAR more nefarious and dishonest than posting bad numbers for a dead game being tunneled.

The more I think about it the less secure I feel about the program to begin with. But I'll get my SOCOM fix where I can; which at this moment is playing the real deal via some obscure way that might be unsecured as all get out.

It's almost like you have to travel to a Portuguese open air drug den to bang the SOCOM vein these days...

5. Swill

Swill Killjoy

I'm not sure what you're trying to insinuate here. Have you experienced this first hand? If so, can you show evidence that your computer was connected to X-Link even though your computer was off?

SkiMask likes this.
  6. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE HE STINKS AND I DON'T LIKE HIM

I've heard once or twice about certain people's accnts getting 'stuck' in the arena after they log off, if they don't turn the program off properly or something. Never have seen it myself, though.

7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I can't actually. Sucks too as I'm terrible at computer forensics. When I logged in Thursday I didn't have to "sign in" and was already in the SOCOM II arena. Sucks cause I didn't "log in" nor was XLink running at the time, but I venture to guess it was, just in the background and at every startup regardless of procedures to log off.

I close out the application by logging off and correctly shutting down the program. I used to "red X" it closed and realized early on the detriment to that scenario when trying to re-connect. No, sometimes its as if they manually have to boot people off of it intentionally otherwise they appear "online" in perpetuity.

I'm insinuating its unsecure as fuck and without IP masks or approximation and the like I think your giving up a bit of security to play SOCOM II and that used to be used for all sorts of nefarious shit years ago.

Nothing changed so nothings changed--my point.

Hey, just ask the net guy he'll tell you :rolleyes: oh wait, he already did. Now how DID that SVDL event go last night?