XLINK Guide Updated for 2017

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by Tawok, Feb 11, 2017.

1. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

Awesome tutorial got my xlink working but now my game is extremly funny so my question is has anyone had an issue with their game appearing extremly fuzzy? I've tried alot of stuff including going and buying new cables but nothing has seemed to help me. It basically renders the game unplayable

2. oni64

oni64 Third Person illusionist

Are you using progressive scan if you have component cables? or the yellow, red, white cables?

3. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

Yellow red and white, I ordered a component to HDMI adapter hoping my monitor will make it abit better

4. oni64

Thats probably the reason why the image looks all fuzzy. Yellow red and white (Composite) looks like shit on modern lcd/led tv's.

SkiMask and TommyTangerine like this.
  5. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

Thanks, do you think this might fix it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016DA1CNE?psc=1 If not what should i do?

SkiMask likes this.
  6. oni64

Maybe, I dont have any experience with that adapter. But that looks like a good option if your tv doesn't have any component inputs and can hook up the PS2 through hdmi.

7. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

Alright thanks

8. dizee

dizee Crunchlord

i remember a few people who used that ps2 to hdmi dongle and said it worked well for them.

TommyTangerine and SkiMask like this.
  9. SHUDRSKI

SHUDRSKI Butterstick

Any one ever have an issue where they are on Xlink and then randomly everyone in the room will get booted except for me like 2 rounds in. I can stay in the room, and sometimes I still see the game when I return the lan menu, sometimes I don't. I've reinstalled a previous version, ive tried a lot of things, I just had my isp open my ports because it was not allowing me to do it myself. I have Mediacom for an isp, if anyone has heard of the shit piece of an isp. But any suggestions would be awesome.

I'm hardwired with both bc ps3 and pc to router.
    speedtest avg's 250-280 down and 25-30 up
    possibly that I haven't changed my memory card settings in a while
    if my ip is entered manually above my subnet is that an issue? because if it is, it just recently became one for me, because I've had that setting forever and never had this issue before.

up until about 2 weeks ago, everything was flawless

10. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Yes, I use this adapter and it also requires a USB slot for power. FYI.
    upload_2017-6-28_13-5-4.png
    I also use this and they are both identical in output. Your choice, really. Just don't go using the green for yellow or any of that weird shit and you'll be just fine.
    You've experienced a disconnect when your the only one left in a room.

You've also mentioned "I haven't changed my memory card settings in a while" & "just recently became one for me (IP, I'm guessing)" so those two statements won't compute to someone like me. Reconcile that shit and you should be right as rain is the hypothesis.

I've found when that happens (regardless of whether or not I can see a room after aborting) I just re-orb or continue joining the room and hoping for the best. I think if I averaged out a year and a half playing, typical disconnects for me wouldn't be higher than 2 per session otherwise you need to re-orb and/or look into whether or not you "approximated your IP" as some suggest users are booting each other. You kind of have a unique sitch with old settings and new IP though so good luck.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    MR.BLONDE and TommyTangerine like this.
  11. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

Awesome thanks so much

12. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

Hey, the HDMI to PS2 worked great for about 2 hours then it stopped working. When i opened it i kind of felt something was wrong with it. It looked like the box was tampered with and there was a giant scratch on the side of it so im just wondering where you bought yours from and maybe a link if possible.

13. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Ninja SEAL

You might be better off just looking on Craig's list or something for an older HD flat screen with the component cable outlets just to have as your gaming TV. I mean you could probably find a mid 2000's model dirt cheap today so long as you grab something that is not a smart TV or has 3D or anything. The best quality you're going to get out of Socom is 420p anyways so you could even just get a 32" or 40" flat that only goes up to 720 P and still get the same quality you would out of a newer expensive TV.

14. TommyTangerine

TommyTangerine Green Up

I do already have a TV that supports component cables i just find it much easier to play on a monitor since i have 2 right infront of me.