XLink Kai Windows 10

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by Dominator94, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Dominator94

Dominator94 *

Edited: What I wrote below is no longer true. It was just a issue with one of pre-Windows 10 releases. It should work fine in retail version.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Windows 10 is no longer backwards compatible with NDIS 5 and current Winpcap release at winpcap.org is design for NDIS 5. You can get fork of Winpcap that able to work with NDIS 6 at http://www.win10pcap.org/download/Win10Pcap-v10.1-5001.msi

At least technical preview have this problem as Windows 10 did not release yet, but I will guess since it removed in technical preview it probably not going to be in real release ether.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  2. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

What does this mean?
  3. Dominator94

Dominator94 *

It means you need to use that instead of Winpcap that comes bundle with Xlink Kai installer.
  4. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I will be honest I don't know what the heck NDIS or wincap are.

So Xlink works with windows 10 with no issues?
  5. Dominator94

Dominator94 *

You can try installing it like normal, but you probably going to need to download http://www.win10pcap.org/download/Win10Pcap-v10.1-5001.msi instead of version that comes bundle.

Winpcap is capture library Xlink uses to capture PS2 traffic.
  6. eVo7

eVo7 Butterstick

Having issues with Win 10 and win10pcap, for whatever reason, randomly win10pcap seems to kill my PC's ethernet interface for no reason and I lose all connectivity. I've reinstalled win10pcap and such and I still have random issues of complete disconnection (this only happens when I am using xlink)
  7. Dominator94

Dominator94 *

You can use Winpcap 4.1.3 http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_4_1_3.exe

Since the retail version of Windows 10 still support NDIS 5 you can just use the older WinPcap which seems to be very stable compare to other projects people made to try to improve it.
  8. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Is there going to be a system in place for someone to get people logged out a little more efficiently than always hailing you? I have to imagine that is getting old. Has there been any discussion about addressing this? 5am XLink reboots maybe?
  9. eVo7

eVo7 Butterstick

I don't think this will work. I already had this on my PC prior and at some point in time Windows updated Win 10 and they no longer support NDIS 5.