You Have My Attention Vanila...

Discussion in 'SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs' started by LUKENBACHER, Jan 11, 2012.

1. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER TRS Staff

2. Buchanans

Buchanans iDub Scrub

RE: You Have My Attention Vanilla...

If he has heard anything real I would not doubt it. His creditability has been solid in the past regarding these matters. If there is anything real to be known I'm sure a few of us may be informed privately. But don't expect any thing more then hints from him publicly or anybody he may share with... if there is even anything to share at all.
  3. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Navy SEAL

Me and Vanila have had our share of issues but one thing I can say for him is he usually stays very quiet about "behind the scenes" stuff he heard unless he genuinely feels the source of that info was credible. He's not one to buy into just any Socom rumor floating around. He's also been one of those "never going to happen" guys in the past in regards to a remake so it would have taken someone he really trusts giving him information to change his outlook on that.
  4. KGBSNAKE

KGBSNAKE Green Up

yeah he was on point when they would announce socom4 and wasnt he the guy who called out the maps for one of the dlcs. very interesting post to say the least, also one of ropers reply to apocs threads earlier had a strange response to it as well. cant link right now site down. lets just hope he wasnt watching gfj's youtube video, lol.
  5. TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U Navy SEAL

I think I know what you're talking about. Roper didn't say there was no Socom in the future he just said something like "As for the future of Socom, you know I can't discuss anything unless an official announcement is made".

That doesn't necessarily mean there is one in the works but it's sure better then an answer like "We currently have no plans for Socom in the near future" which were the kind of responses we were getting awhile back.
  6. Ditch

Ditch Butterstick

I wonder what exactly he heard
  7. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K Butterstick

The Bird is the Word......
  8. Animal-_-

Animal-_- Bullet Magnet

[​IMG]

Too easy.
  9. WellRounded

WellRounded Butterstick

wont beileve till it happens

Vanilla bought into the whole "the new experience" bs Travis and crew fed him and defended it any chance he got until he actually had time to play the garbage...so ill just wait for news to actually happen rather than take someones word for it

Truthfully im so bitter about the way Zipper and Sony has handled the Socom series...i dont even know of i care that much anymore.
  10. VOTE4SOCOM1HD

VOTE4SOCOM1HD Green Up

Another interesting comment he made in response to MiamiBlue

MiamiBlue wrote:
    When are these pipe-dreams of a Socom HD remake going to stop? Zipper doesn't care & Sony doesn't care...

To which he replied:
    You never know. (With the winky eye face)

I'M EXCITED
  11. McNoob

McNoob Animal Doctor

Vanilla and Roper have been having a secret affair. That's how he's obtaining this information.
  12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did I miss something? The only thing I am getting outta this thread, is there is going to be a KZ1 Port to PSN.

"Killzone is releasing on the PSN January 24th. Straight port, not HD. Lets see if the online is working, should blow any hole in the theory that SOCOM would be SP only."
  13. PDlGGY22

PDlGGY22 203 Spammer

not sure what it means for socom.

but i think once unit 13 only sells 13 copies and their rpg flops we will get a socom imo
  14. WellRounded

WellRounded Butterstick

lmao

but this may be a total reality.
  15. LUKENBACHER

LUKENBACHER TRS Staff

Read Vanilla's 3rd post...

SMoKeY_RuN wrote:
    I doubt it. I think we would of already seen or heard rumblings of one by now.

Vanilla wrote:
    I'm hearing rumblings...

This was in reference to a SOOCM HD remake, or a direct port. (which I thought Zipper had stated was impossible to do, yet other developers are pulling it off.)
  16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw that, but if he has inside info, why would he need to wait to see if KZ1 has an OnLine?
  17. Buchanans

Buchanans iDub Scrub

Perhaps because things may be... assuming there are actual things to be of course... in an active exploratory stage. If Killzone can do online then hey so should a SOCOM right?

BTW I have totally not heard anything to support my above speculation.
  18. WarMachine_v1

WarMachine_v1 TRS Staff

Maybe with all these remakes of less demanded games SOCOM was being made all along but with MP. The addition of MP and the possibility of it being a combination of all three games could make for a long production time. Who knows though... I will keep a hope and a dream alive for this.
  19. Swill

Swill iDub Scrub

Diablo 3 was secretly being made by Blizzard for close to 10 years before there was any kind of announcement. They started making it right as Diablo 2 dropped and never peeped a word about it.

But, at this point, as some of you have also said:

Show me the game. I don't want to hear any shit from anyone. I'll believe it when I see a confirmation from somebody important.

But, having said that, I honestly believe it will happen. Between SOCOM 4's failure, and a pissed off fanbase ripping Zipper a new asshole everyday on the forums, I can't see them at least looking into it.
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm down with a straight port, if it would mean an end to Code 9,and
    assuming S2 online would run smoother on PSN.They could just add in the coding for Last Bastian, Liberation and After Hours, so you could play them in UCRRs. I actully still have the ps2 HDD with all three DLC maps on it,lol.