Your Weapons

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by SkiMask, Mar 11, 2016.

1. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

So @Buchanans this story I said I was going to tell in the Fapping thread fucking blows my mind.

As I mentioned I was supposed to get my rifle a week and a half ago Thursday. I tracked that bitch like a hawk on the fed ex app. Watched in all the way into to the Carol Stream IL distro center, which would have been the last stop. Thursday morning I wake up and see a delivery exception was placed on the package, meaning it was not going to be delivered that day and was rescheduled for Monday (a week prior to yesterday). No big deal, I was going camping that weekend, so I could wait since I wasn't going to get it anyway.

Monday comes and I track the package again on the FE app. No updates or anything, so I call Fed Ex. They said that the package was not on the truck that day and was scheduled for delivery on the 26th. I fuck no'd that idea and asked them to put it on the truck for Tuesday. NO problem they say.

Wake up Tuesday shipping info is updated for that day. Watch it all day, then around 4 o'clock there is an update saying recipient REFUSED the shipment. I fucking lose my mind and drive over to this place. They have a sign on their door saying they are closed until 7/24 and they are not receiving shipments. Now, to make a side story short for those that are reading along and may not know, I needed to do an FFL transfer. A dealer can only ship to another dealer, not a private citizen. You pay a fee for the transfer once the dealer you will be taking possession of the gun from has it, you walk out with said gun. In order for the shipper to agree to sending the gun out the door, they need to speak with the recipient dealer and get their FFL license #. TacOpShop did all of that.

The second I got word that the rifle shipped, I called the recipient dealer to ask what besides my FOID I needed to bring. Their phone directs you to email them as they are busy. 5 emails over that week, no response. Not once did the shipper get word that the recipient was not taking shipments. Nowhere on their site, nowhere in any messages do they say they are closing for a while and won't take shipments. Semper Fi Supply in South Elgin, IL lost any business I might give them. I suggest no one here that may be looking for good deals on anything on the web do any business with them. Fuck this guy.

Anyway, I call fed ex and see if they can put the package on hold and not send it all the way back to Utah so I can contact Tac Op and get them to re route to a new FFL dealer. I called one, got the info, called the shipper. We were able to get this taken care of, so no issues there. Rifle stayed in IL.

Last Wednesday, Fed Ex shows the package delivered, guy at the shop calls me and tells me he has it. BIG SMILES. I go in there, give him my FOID card and other info for him to run the background, and it comes back with a delay due to a recent address change.

To end the story, the delay cleared Saturday afternoon, I picked it up Sunday after golf and now you see it here.

Semper FI Supply can seriously go fuck themselves. They should have told TacOp they weren't taking shipments. They should have also advertised they were closing for remodeling or whatever. Total clownshoes operation. My brother in law recommended them because they are vet owned and because he does a 25 dollar FFL transfer. Guy I went through did it for 35, is a vet and a great guy. Gilberts Guns, if interested. Guy's name is John Lambi.

SkiMask and Buchanans like this.
  2. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

@JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz
    Looking good.

Yeah that really sucks that particular FFL was not on top of their shit in informing people about closing temp like that and not being able to get ahold of them.

There are some stores here that I have and will buy in stock items from but would never use them as an FFL for a PPT or to have an out of state FFL send a sale/transfer to. The FFL's that provide good customer service for PPT customers or do transfers for out of state sales/transfers need to be a step above. The guy I bought my Saiga AK from insisted for some reason doing the PPT at one of the chains around here that does high volume of sales just cause that was the only place he is familiar with. Good store but my god what a waste of fucking time waiting around to do a private party transfer.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  3. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Yeah I'm not even mad about the background delay. I knew what it was about, so I just had to wait a few more days. I'm just still burned raw about how fucking incompetent Semper FI was with this. You call them and it goes to an answering machine. All he had to do was leave a blurb saying ATTENTION, we will be closed...blah blah blah, and I would have totally understood. Or he could have responded to his damn emails. I got NO response to anything. I will never do business with this guy and I will steer people away from him.

4. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Think I've just about got it dialed in at 50 yards: 10 shots. The big hole at the top is part of the target...

upload_2017-6-30_16-47-6.png

SkiMask, Drum and Buchanans like this.
  5. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

>2 inch groupings
    >6 outside the red

1483714081119.gif

Also

>3rd metacarpal blotchy
    >likely due to elevated glucose and poor circulation due to toxins from Chicago pizza and hot dogs

You have maybe 3 weeks left to live. It was nice knowing you buddy.

6. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

>2 inch groupings = @MACK IS GOD being jealous as fuck
    >6 outside the red = I would say 7 of those are touching the red. 6 for sure, 1 arguably so.

>3rd metacarpal blotchy = due to slight pressure being exerted in engaging the tape measure lock.
    >likely due to elevated glucose and poor circulation due to toxins from Chicago pizza and hot dogs = A1C and blood glucose are within normal ranges, so sayeth my recent labs from my yearly physical. Circulation also good; no numbness, though I do have a twinge in my shoulder from lifting. Taking a break and sticking to cardio to let it heal up a bit. Being on the golf course every weekend may not be helping, but fuck it. There's no pain in my swing, just in watching the trajectory of my tee shots sometimes...

Gonna run a couple 5Ks this summer and fall. doing 8/8.25 minute miles. Sometimes I get in the high 7's but I almost stroke out LOL Not bad for 40...

SkiMask and Drum like this.
  7. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

built this one this past winter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

Still love that mk12 you built. That is gorgeous!

9. MACK IS GOD

The 3 on top were your first 3 shots, right?

10. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

No, they were my last. I sped up a little bit because I was getting really comfortable with the rifle and trying to time things right where the trigger breaks. Got a little sloppy and didn't fully reacquire center before firing.

Still, if you were to put this target to your head, not a single one misses the forehead, so I am happy with today's performance. This was obviously the best of my day; 10 rounds out of a total of 120 today. I used 15 rounds to zero, first at 25y then out to 50y using MOA targets, then the rest was just plink plink with what you see here.

Once I got it zeroed, except for a few stragglers here and there I kept pretty much inside the red and the ring just outside of that. This was my best grouping, but the rest were not drastically worse than this...

SkiMask and MACK IS GOD like this.
  11. MACK IS GOD

I figured they were all in a group. Either first or last like you said. The reason I thought first is I always peel off high right on my first shots for some reason. And then I dial in slow for the next couple shots. Then when I see it moving so slow back to red, I over adjust and end up on the other side of the target.

12. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

DPMS LR 308, the one without the sling, it was a trade it at my local gun shop, got it about a month ago for around 800. So my collection is now up to a Windham Weaponry AR15, S&W shield 9mm Performance, and this 308. The gun with the sling is my brothers Colt AR, mine is in pieces right now because I bent the rear takedown retention spring when my castle nut backed out, it's not staked properly.

[​IMG]

MACK IS GOD, SkiMask, Drum and 2 others like this.
  13. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

yeah, thats my favorite as well.

14. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

i like that .308! i want one of those but good god they are expensive to build.

15. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

I keep forgetting; you're a southpaw aren't you?

16. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

Yes I am. Makes the safety on my shield useless and my working the action on my AR a bit slower.
    I was reading on an old forum post about it, they were comparing it to the SR-25 as far as accuracy goes, but of course way cheaper. Video I watched guy said at 100 yards its a tack driver, then he took it out to 500 yards and was still hitting paper with a cheap $100 scope.

17. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

Instantly make yourself more bad ass with this.

20170701_175842a.jpg 20170701_175803a.jpg 20170701_175711a.jpg

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  18. S_L_I_C_K

S_L_I_C_K eSEAL

19. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

[​IMG]

20. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

@JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz
    Keep'n it simple stupid for this pic. I got my light mount that I can mount my Klaurus light and remote on with but I use that a lot in just normal use a light isn't going to be on all the time for now. Other then waiting for my CA silly grip that'll get rotated on and off between here and neighboring states this one is pretty much done. At some point supposedly... maybe if the DOJ gets their shit together I'll have the option to register it as an "assault weapon" but there are multiple reasons to want to avoid that. Reason number one that the DOJ are just complete incompetent overstepping morons.

I'm calling build 1 done.
    ar15-1.jpg

Took somewhat of a buy once cry once ideology on this and went BCM complete upper and BCG but I also took my time waiting for the other stuff I wanted to be on sale.