Your Weapons

Discussion in 'Mindless Ramblings' started by SkiMask, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

One I wouldn't trust pre school age children in general to listen anything of a serious nature. The video might as well leave them alone near a street and see if any of them chase a ball in front of a moving car. And second an unloaded firearm is an unloaded firearm. I mean the shotgun on the top self... I mean how many unlikely steps would a child of that size have to accomplish to discharge it. Find gun. Get gun. Find ammo. Get ammo. Depress the pump lock and pull pump back. Ammo in. Pump forward. Pull trigger. Kids that young don't even have the strength to work the action on many guns. How many four year olds could get the pump action open? Pull the slide back on a pistol?

SkiMask and JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz like this.
  2. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I know. It was good entertainment. Still preys upon my irrational fears and I can do better at eliminating the risk. I still have a little of that "This kid is mine, don't fuck it up Dad" even after 4 years...

Speaking of kids. Any of you see this recently? More and more folks catching on hopefully. Although I do like a good passed around trophy. Something about the tangibility of a win. My favorite types are them cobbled together white elephant ones that are coveted and sacred. Wished we had one of them for SOCOM...

Buchanans likes this.
  3. UnSeenDeath88

UnSeenDeath88 Butcher Pete

15665921_1195973077138481_1303916279232632254_n.jpg 15665921_1195973077138481_1303916279232632254_n.jpg Fucked up the sights on my AR even worse, didn't pay attention to how many times I cranked on the damn things, by the time I started getting it back in close I was getting worn out shooting it. Pistol went through 100 rounds in about 10 minutes, shooting low and right today, but still if I have time to shoot they are dead.

4. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

1. Are you shooting irons or some kind of optic on your AR? If an optic what kind?
    2. What range were you shooting at?

It's not uncommon to fuck up and go the wrong way when sighting things in. Just remember your moving the sight to chase the bullet holes, NOT moving the bullet holes into the sight picture, the barrel doesn't have any adjustment, LOL. Everybody goes the wrong way sometimes. I also think it is easier to sight things in on the targets with MOA grids like the one on the left as opposed to a silhouette target. I'll usually print a bunch out on standard printer paper then tape those together side to side in groups of four. That way at the range I can quickly tape 2 rows of 4 on to the cardboard and have 8 different targets to shoot groups of 5 at to sight in. And to make the bullseye stand out I get a pack of those florescent circle stickers from the drug store in the stationary aisle, I think they are 3/4 or 1" round. You can get the white ones to cover holes too if they have those. If you get too many holes in one target like that it gets hard to tell what your doing after awhile.

SkiMask likes this.
  5. UnSeenDeath88

Sorry to clarify the left target was my AR sighting, and the silohette was pistol. And I'm just shooting standard a2 front sightpost with mbus rear sight this was at 50 yards sighting in, I wish it could have been 25so I had a 200? Or 300? yard battles sight but their targets on the rifle range were set at 50 and 100 yards and they won't let you use rifles on the pistol range, even though the berm is just as tall if not maybe taller. I'm not sure really what I did ju add the know it took me forever and some Kentucky windage to finally see where I was hitting.

6. MACK IS GOD

MACK IS GOD VP of Toxicity

I was gonna say, dont underestimate the wind. If it was blowing even what seemed mildly, it could definitely effect your groupings.

7. UnSeenDeath88

not really at 50, or even less at 25. Pistol is all me, I still catch myself flinching sometimes, and I need to slow down and actually practice with it instead of burning ammo. Rifle is dead on horizontal, but every grouping I've shot with it has been high, this was a little bit farther out than I've shot and hit since I first shot it, before I'd been shooting nothing but 25 yards this range the rifle portion starts at 50, and like I said that grouping at the very top of the target was my first before adjustments, then I fucked up and either went the wrong way or went way to far on my adjustment and in the process of readjusting I came back to far. Didn't pay attention but that target has instructions to dial sights in, even though it is for a 25 yard zero.

I know a good bit of it was fatigue especially after being up all night working, the last several groupings I tried shooting I was having trouble focusing on the sight and was physically getting tired also, decided I wasn't worth a damn anymore today and packed the rifle up and stepped over and dumped a 100 box + the mags I had loaded already into the silhouette. Thought about heading back there today but I need to get some sleep to flip hours and and it's a bit cooler today than it was yesterday.

8. MACK IS GOD

Ive only ever shot at one outdoor range so I dont have much experience there. And Im pretty sure we started at 100 yards so yea I guess 50 wouldnt be effected by wind too much. But maybe this range we use is just windier because I swear my groupings were all over the place on the same rifle I had 3 inch groupings on a couple weeks earlier.

Its right next to a big lake so maybe it gets some extra wind off the water or something.

One trick a buddy of mine taught me that works for him when hes got the yips is to run through a magazine shooting with one hand, and then another using your standard 2 hand grip. Then compare the results. If your one handed grouping is better you might be gripping too hard with your off hand or doing something else that changes your rhythm.

You should always practice a bit one handed anyway, though. If you get injured during The Happening and one arm is rendered useless, you dont want to be unable to effectively shoot because you cant use 2 hands.

UnSeenDeath88 likes this.
  9. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

It's all about them groups man. Your shit is all over the place with the rifle, but I do see the two pistol groups. Well, the rifle isn't that bad, but please no windage. Bad habits hard to break.

I used to LOVE all that data book shit. LOVE it. LOVE it LOVE it.

10. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

OK when adjusting on irons with the front post I think that is going to be the one thing that is opposite... I think. If you want the shot to come down you move the post down, where with scopes and and rear sight you chase the hole. I also do not believe there is any specific formula for adjusting irons because it is going to change depending on how far apart your F/R posts are from each other. You just got to guess or take it slow, not uncommon to over adjust. It's not like a scope that'll have 1/4 MOA adjustments where if you need it to come over 1 MOA square at 100 yards you just chase it 4 clicks. Make sure to have a nice stable position when sighting in of course.

UnSeenDeath88 and SkiMask like this.
  11. UnSeenDeath88

kentucky windange was just to see where the fuck I was hitting. and yea I'm all over the place but like I said I was getting tired and was having trouble focusing on my shot. I finished the mag off and said screw it come back and try and get it right another day.

12. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

Stopped in there after work, eh?

13. Buchanans

Buchanans Breach Bandit

My AK pics didn't have cool enough backdrops before.

Rocking a hot 40 round in the snow in NV.
    20161216_084344a.jpg

Back in CA with a neutered PMAG.
    I was doing better at long range with the irons then I expected, must of been the nice calming view.
    20161220_123525a.jpg

The AR is also all together now except for sights.
    Here is a pic of the assembled lower for the moment.
    20161214_082924a.jpg

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and SkiMask like this.
  14. MACK IS GOD

That woodgrain is beautiful.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz and SkiMask like this.
  15. UnSeenDeath88

Maybe... remember everything I do is after work.

SkiMask likes this.
  16. UnSeenDeath88

And just took my pistol apart to see how dirty it was my fun times, and noticed my ejector is bent, bad enough actually that my slide won't go back on. So needless to say i'm pretty pissed. It shot fine other than my bullets hitting where they did. Only malfunction I've had was a dud bullet. I don't think it happened taking it apart and putting it together as the last time I had it apart a month ago it went together smooth. Into the local gunshop for me when they open up after Christmas I guess I don't have a workbench or any place to work on it here at the house.

17. MACK IS GOD

Thats not good. A bent ejector after a couple hundred rounds? I thought you bought an M&P, not a Taurus.......

18. UnSeenDeath88

yea, I did that's what pisses me off, I spent 500 dollars on this gun put I figure 300-400 and it looks like this
    15730846_1197621130307009_811336967_n_Ink_LI.jpg

I just thought, I did have the slide drop on it's own when I slapped a magazine, i've read shields do that issue. but haven't read anything about it bending the ejector.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  19. MACK IS GOD

Its relatively easy to fix, but its most likely indicative of a bigger problem with the action of the gun that might keep bending them on you after you fix it. Ive talked to guys whove had to file down certain areas of their guns that arent quite spec and cause rubbing problems that result in shit like that.

Im sure its still under factory warranty, correct? They should fix/replace whatever you need for free. The only bitch about that is you'll be without your piece for a bit.

20. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

OK here come the pics:

upload_2017-6-27_9-11-36.png

upload_2017-6-27_9-12-5.png
    upload_2017-6-27_9-13-35.png
    upload_2017-6-27_9-15-27.png
    upload_2017-6-27_9-15-46.png

upload_2017-6-27_9-16-4.png
    upload_2017-6-27_9-16-29.png
    upload_2017-6-27_9-16-37.png