You're a loser for cheating at a 14-year old game

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by everythingred, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

My logic is fine. Soft spotting is in the game and people did do it

2. MR.BLONDE

MR.BLONDE Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor

Well, I'll be. Thank you for your understanding. If it's any consolation, I had reservations about modifying my PS2 as well, but after seeing how the process works, I wouldn't call it modding your PS2 so much as modding your memory card to read new software. This can range frim ISO loaders, emulators, media players, etc. What excites me, personally, is that Free McBoot allows for the use of upscalers, allowing for higher resolutions that the PS2 didn't initially support. S2 looks like shit on my TV, and hopefully this will help alleviate that.

I should mention, too, that the modification is only as permanent as you want it to be. Simply remove the memory card, or delete the software from said card, and your PS2 is unmolested.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  3. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Oh snap for real u can scale the res? Maaannnnnnnnnn

4. lordzhangfei

lordzhangfei Green Up

Everyone just needs to Green up the patch

5. CreepinOnAhComeUp

CreepinOnAhComeUp 203 Spammer

Its ok to wall slide b/c "everyone can wall slide'' ??
    so whats the bitching about on Xlink with the M14??? Everyone can use that gun!
    Personally I love that gun.. even tho the kickback is crazy, and it only holds 20 bullets. (so really no advantage)
    Ive been on xlink for the past 3 months or so and hate that we are limited to guns we can use, because of the bitching that would take place.

But yet we can hump the wall all the way down the road on Xroads and get a TRUE advantage point on someone???
    Socom - we are a crazy community.

Jester's dead and SkiMask like this.
  6. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Who cries about the M14

7. CreepinOnAhComeUp

CreepinOnAhComeUp 203 Spammer

Shit, as soon as you pull out that gun...You here it on the Xlink chat.

8. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

Damn he was the one who started that... Bastard

9. UrbanTactics

UrbanTactics Butterstick

I spent hours and hours setting up Xlink (I'm not tech savvy). I finally get it set up and a small amount of people are playing. So I jump into a match, Xroads is up first, then Fish Hook. Crossroads goes smoothly. Just as I'm playing my first round on Fish Hook, my favorite map, a cheater joins. Dude comes in with an IOCW or whatever it was called. He superjumps right in the air at the start of the map. Next round, I teamkill him, grab his OICW, finish out the round, then shut the game off. Last time I've ever played xlink lol

10. Harry62

Harry62 iDub Scrub

What name was the cheater under?

11. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

What was the person's name? Because I think Dominator had someone banned at some point. Could have been him.

Still haven't ran into someone I thought cheated. Sure people sponge sometimes or a grenade lands on them and they don't die but SOCOM 2 always had random issues like that. It happened on the patch when the online servers were up. Just latency and lag issues.

Cheating can always be resolved by making a private server and banning people.

There is a xlink account name: youngunna or something and he had a M203 on SEALs night stalker. Which you can't have, so we know for sure he has the ability to cheat. Me or dreamz may have been streaming so if that evidence helps him get banned from xlink someone should let us know we can cut the clip.

12. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

I like to record or stream just for the fact that if we catch someone cheating we have it and can ban them. I feel like the Xink community has been good about keeping cheaters out. Everyone should hop on, chill, and enjoy some classic S2.

13. Medux

Medux iDub Scrub

Dom has a list of about 25 people banned.

14. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Navy SEAL

Come the flying fuck on! Really? People are STILL doing this shit? I mean going through the trouble to hook all this shit up... getting a fucking PS2 and the network adapter, a copy of the game assuming they don't already have it from back in the day... then setting up xlink which is easy... but still a pain in the fucking cock!

Only to cheat... i hooked that shit up out of PASSION for the game... people are actually hooking it up just to fuck around and fuck with other people?! In 2015... ho...lee...shit. Seriously the lowest of the guttertrash cumguzzling shitstains whoever you are!

Hell-RaizeR and =Ronin= like this.
  15. UrbanTactics

UrbanTactics Butterstick

Much respect to Dom for what he's doing!!!
    I'm not sure what his name was. This was last summer (I think) and I haven't touched xlink since. Glad yall have someone banning the cheaters though!

16. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Yea it is a joke people get on that old ass game to cheat. We just want to enjoy our game. The other night this loser Youngunna7 that has been caught cheating IP flooded me cause I recommended we make a private arena and ban him. I had to call my ISP and get DDOS protection added so I could log back on.

Then I logged on another Xlink username. And he says, "I wander who all these new names are? Lol, Whos is <username>? Lol" He already knew it was me he was just being a smart ass cause he knew what he did and was trying to be funny.

Biggest loser on the internet for sure.

17. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Navy SEAL

What a pile of shit wow...

18. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

And this is why I don't bother with this shit.

I'm not going to take the time to hookup all these wires through my living room, have my laptop on lockdown, buy a $30 headset just to get booted 3-4 rounds in or have cheaters fuck with me.

Sounds like as much fun as H-Hour right now.

19. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Navy SEAL

I'll be honest i've only played for about 4 hours since i got it hooked up but everyone seemed legit when i was playing. I would say it's worth it man. It just depends i guess.

20. Hell-RaizeR

Hell-RaizeR "Raizing HeLL since 1981"

Yeah man.. This is literally fucking sad. How old are these people now? And they still cheat? Fuck that noise, I would never play xlink, from just reading this trash..