You're a loser for cheating at a 14-year old game

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by everythingred, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

The good thing about Xlink is the ability to have private arenas though. So the community can control who gets in and who doesn't. Also, Harry has created a r0005 patch or whatever that is anti cheat. I guess it disables all of the cheat coding.

Harry is sending out memory cards now. The patch does more than anti cheat. It allows for the orange clan tags, ranks, disables wall slide, ect as well.

So to be honest the cheaters are just going to get exiled with private arenas and the patch. Seems like a lot to just play SOCOM. But its the game we all love. That is why we are here.

2. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

There's not enough people who even know about the patch to make a difference. You only ever see one room so people with the patch aren't even making rooms because they know nobody will join. I have Swap Magic so I can do it my self with a slide card but it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

3. I don't ban people and I am not a moderator on XLink.

I probably setup a form when people can send memory card requests for patch to try to get more people.

Private arenas are good and bad. Lot of times people just ban who they don't know, or who they think is cheating. I also see people ban people for personal reasons, or because someone kept killing them. Lot of times people just join private arena no matter who made it.

Private arenas don't fix DDoS problem. That a problem with peer2peer applications and also seem XLink don't really care.

Drum likes this.
  4. CreepinOnAhComeUp

CreepinOnAhComeUp Night Stalker

I just got off xlink, and damn someone is always fucken cryn and bitching about something!!!
    If it aint about a certain gun (m14 etc.) or someone putting down mines!! All these fucken ''rules'' of not being able to use certain weapons... and if you do, someone starts talking shit and getting the rest of their long time friends to team kill you or vote you......or start bitching and whining!
    Its like im playing COD or some shit with all the bitching..
    I could care less if someone uses a ''noob'' gun.... to each is own!
    if you get wrecked by a noob gun, step your gun game up, or flank them! Don't start crying about the ''gun'' said person is using. Geez!!

Sorry, finished my xlink night on a bad note tonight and had to vent.... The xlink community is a beast of its own, and no wonder it doesnt grow much.

5. =Ronin=

=Ronin= The Captain of Makin' it Happen

Those are the same people that were bitching 13 years ago.
    I agree, if you're getting wrecked step your game up!

Those are 1 dimensional players because Socom is 75% tactics/strategy 20% skill/aim and 5% the gun in your hand.

I used the m14 for all of Socom 2 unless I specifically needed a silencer then it was m4a1sd. That's another thing that's great about the m14 (besides binocular sniping with it) is that both sides got to use it.
    The only thing I don't agree with is ranged explosives. They were fun to fuck around with but serious games needed them off.

Drum and CreepinOnAhComeUp like this.
  6. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Got IP flooded again last night, Friday, 04-September by young gunna. He came in on a name that was longer than the allowable name length. Called my IP and all they can do is give me the logs of the packets of data being surged my way.

How can I get this pussy banned?

7. You can try reporting him on their forum. Did you look at packet data they sent you? Is it bunch of IP addresses, or just one that flooding? You also could try emailing his ISP abuse email about accident.

I could give you more information on xlink, or private message me on here.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  8. DNxStudio

DNxStudio Navy SEAL

I guess you can never get away from the cheaters this sucks.

9. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

Yeah that's the thing too lol, they are all grown ass men in their mid 20's-30's... i'm 33! I was in my 20's when Socom 1 came out and remember the skywalking douchebags back then fucking up socom 1 online. I still remember coming back to Socom 1 after a EverQuest Online Adventures stint and seeing people flying around and firing infinite 1 shot kill ammo at me... i mean it was like all of a sudden Fuck Socom 1... now what!? Oh Socom 2 is coming... sweet! Then all of a sudden... cheaters poured into 2... Fuck Socom 2 it's full of cheaters... now what? OH Socom 3 is out... well then guess this is how it goes, cheaters move in and i get pushed up to the next game BY FORCE. Fucking cock suckers ruined the series.

You know what? FUCK IT, incoming rant video!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    =Ronin= likes this.
  10. ChemoFreak7

ChemoFreak7 Desert Glory

11. [​IMG]
    Example above one of things that confuses me of SOCOM 2 community. Really makes me ask does community really want to not be able to play with cheaters? Do those people care? If not I should just leave it be lol.

Seeing the sheep all joined private by someone cheats on there makes me think should just let everyone play.

12. Medux

Medux Requiem

Youngunna has been a known cheater for awhile now , no ??? Different names as well.

Why would you think people would all of a sudden care now ?? DEADPOOL, Bones a few others i can't think of right now off the top of my head have been playing in with the community for a few months and are KNOWN cheaters. Caught bones and deadpool day 1 they joined XLINK

13. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Yo what happen to your boy that used to play Xlink? Me and dreamz always looking for a 2v2 or 3v3 or something and no one ever wants to play. Shit sucks.

14. Medux

Medux Requiem

Quiztime, Yeah I was trying to get him to play for a long time. No luck.

15. I was just making a point that people don't care. If people really care could easy keep them from playing. Did it in pass, but people start crying that they buddy that cheats can't play lol.

Medux likes this.
  16. Medux

Medux Requiem

lmao, dude tell me about it . I'm literally selling my ps2 right now , because i know ill never play s2 again. Just to many cunts. Always will be cunts.

LZMF1 likes this.
  17. Laziness

Laziness Free Pizza

It's not worth selling dude. What are you gonna get $50?

18. Jester's dead

Jester's dead Butterstick

I enjoy getting on now and then, but noticed cheats getting worse than ever. Are these Dicks devastated when no one is playing? Seems to be only thing that makes the fuckers happy is ruining others experience. I'm sure it's great fun for them and even funny. Hell maybe they just hate losing that bad and are sore losers. I'm just tired of it. I might got 0 and 8 or 1 and 7 but still won't resort to that BS! Part of the problem is some cheating seem to be by individuals respected on the game??

19. JHizzLe

JHizzLe Green Up

Sounds like someone is mad they got whooped on :(

20. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

I haven't been playing much but I haven't ran into an obvious cheater since posting this thread. I only play once every two weeks though. At the time I wrote it and I was pissed but the thread is still warranted, if you cheat at a 14 year old game, you're a loser.