You're a loser for cheating at a 14-year old game

Discussion in 'SOCOM On XLink For The PS2' started by everythingred, Aug 3, 2015.

1. JHizzLe

JHizzLe Green Up

On S2? It's pretty known who has codes and who doesn't on there. Just gotta ask one of the regulars..

Medux likes this.
  2. Medux

Medux Requiem

Shame we didnt have s1 or s2 on next gen eh hizzle

3. aremsoc26

aremsoc26 Strafe Artist

some people get a kick out of ruining other people's experience.

This guy has videos of him literally booting people and cheating just to piss off players.

4. Drum

Drum Get to da chobba!

What is this 14-year-old game you speak of? Madden 2002?

5. everythingred

everythingred I once had fish tacos when I was drunk

Socom 2 was released in 2003, my apologies then, 13 year old game. I got it wrong by a year or so.

Drum likes this.
  6. The game was release on November 4, 2003 so it actually 12 years old.

As of cheating it nothing compare to back when the game was online. I not going to say there no cheaters on XLink, but lot of them got banned. Sadly the SOCOM community have more bans than the Halo community and the Halo community like 6x the size (Just a quick estimate of how big the Halo community is).

7. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

I wouldn't give a shit if it were ten years later and you were still cheating. It's pathetic. And FUCK Halo.

8. Gatti18

Gatti18 Green Up

Well then how can someone ban iw, m14 etc or it's extremely frowned upon if your using to the point someone will team kill you but its ok to wall slide there's no difference

MADDENKING1980 likes this.
  9. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Use what you want dude. M14/IW you still have to aim them. I think the M14 is a great gun and when you shoot people with it they actually die quickly. The only thing I think is dumb is RPG's and 203's. Wall sliding is a plague we have to deal with on xlink. Just do it because most likely your opponent is doing it. We've tried to stop people from doing it but its more of a headache to police it than just let everyone do it. It messes up the timing of spawns a little bit but you can still grenade their rushes.

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz likes this.
  10. Gatti18

Gatti18 Green Up

Yea I know I completely agree .

11. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Someone messaged me yesterday and said that an individual on Xlink has a code where their frame rate is better ? I don't think they cheat so I'm not going to spread rumors on someone I've never seen cheat.

@Harry62 is this true? If so, did your patch have this code on it?

12. JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz

JuNgLiSt_TAcTiKz Pizza Shitposting CIO

The only issue I ever had with the 14 is when an entire team was using them it killed framerate. Now, with things being the way they are, who cares? Same with the IW. That rule is 10 years old. Kicking people out for using it now when 30 people play is asinine.

13. Harry62

Harry62 Computer Room Technician

The framerate can be increased to 60fps with a code, however the ps2 runs extremely hot and ends up lagging behind on button inputs from what I remember. The best course is to use the disable vsync code instead which will boost the fps a good bit without the input lag. This is based on the codes I used in socom 1 as I haven't used either code on socom 2 before and I'm not sure if any exist in the archives.

ChicKeN likes this.
  14. Eminem

Eminem Devil's Road

Been playing for the past month or so again, i haven't seen any "cheaters" , yes still some good players on there that's about it..

15. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

You gonna be on tonight homie? Thinking about getting it on. Would like to try and get a war going...

16. Eminem

Eminem Devil's Road

My bad just saw this, works been nutty this week ill deff be on friday night and possibly tonight. A war sounds delicious o_O

SkiMask likes this.
  17. ChicKeN

ChicKeN Socomologist

Yea I haven't either. I wasn't calling anyone out honestly I thought It'd be cool if Harry could whip it up for people somehow. But, if its going to fry PS2's, nevermind. Lol.

18. SkiMask

SkiMask Devil's Advocate

[​IMG]

Eminem likes this.